i. the pilot

the pilot; ❛ RULES ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ we're back bitches! ❞

❝ we're back bitches! ❞

the pilot; ❛ RULES ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ we're back bitches! ❞

Gabriella Kane never knew peace.

At least not in this stupid metal box that sucked all of her will to live right out of her.

It has been ninety-seven years since the nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth and left the planet simmering in radiation. Unfortunately for Gabriella Kane, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. The only station left was called The Ark. Everyone was told the Earth needed another hundred years to become survivable again. That meant there were supposed to be four more space-locked generations until the human race could go home, back to the ground.

And that was what Gabriella always wanted.

To go down to Earth and finally be free from The Ark and Jaha's rules. If people knew better they would think she's your typical spoiled brat from Alpha Station. Since her father was Marcus Kane. But they knew better

Gabriella got arrested at the age of seventeen along with her best friend John Murphy for setting fire to a guard's room. She knew that if they were found out they would get arrested. And every person that commits any type of crime would be punished by death, if they were underage they'd get executed as soon as they turned eighteen. But Gabriella didn't have much to lose. She and Murphy met around the age of fifteen and they soon became inseparable. By the time she turned sixteen, she stopped hanging out with her privileged friends and only hung out with him and some kids from Mecha Station who worked with her.

She has spent years reading books about the Earth and looking down at it through the windows. She always wanted to feel what the ground felt like beneath her feet and how the rain would feel on her skin.

That was her dream.

But her reality? Today was her eighteenth birthday and she was supposed to be floated any time soon.

Gabriella has been in the sky-box for more than a year, only being allowed outside so she could attend classes. Even then, she was usually separated from Murphy, something she was sure her father made sure of.