PROLOGUE

Legends have always existed. Folktales and history woven together and whispered from parents to child.

Used as bedtime stories to bring light to the room as the sky darkens outside to deep blue. Like Arthur's legend.

Became part of our vocabulary, used without a second thought. Like Peeping Tom.

Changed from legends into unconfirmed history thought to be true. Like the building of Rome by Romulus and Remus.

Or like the famous tale of Robin Hood, that brought along with it the controversy between the rich and the poor, one that hasn't dimmed in argument till now.

And then there are many more, whispered, shouted and believed by many. Each of these legends contain truths in them. The truth however twisted they may have gotten or the truth that hadn't changed at all. But the legends all had something of common. They were legends of the past, most of them hundreds of years old.

But then recently a new legend emerged from the depths of the world. A legend that was old yet modern. A legend that portrayed the most conflicted of emotions. A legend that was the complete truth, yet because of the constricted minds of the human, had become unbelievable.

The legend, like all the ones before, spread like wildfire. Some twisted it slightly, some added flare but most said it like it was. Because the legend already contained so much, it needed nothing to enhance it.

And then generation to generation till the end of time it remained in existence. It remained in the hearts of the people. A constant reminder of hope.

A legend of time-defying love.

OOMPA LOOMPA