Chapter Five: Research And The Older Citizens

I was in my room with Ular and Yoman. Ular was telling Yoman about slang. I decided to take out something I thought I would never use. My aunt WAS a cryptologist. She was now a geologist. During her cryptologist days, she gave me a DNA scanner for aliens. I got the scanner out of my closet. "I need your DNA," I said. Ular gave me some of her hair and Yoman did the same. I scanned the DNA, "PLANET: DANU PEOPLE: DANUIANS GALAXY: MILKY WAY," The computer said in a loud voice. "You guys are in our galaxy?" I said, pulling my hair back, it was starting to get longer. Ular nodded. She sat on the bed, "Yoman wants to talk to you, Nanika," She said. Yoman nodded.

We were in the bathroom together. I was sitting on the top of the bathtub while Yoman sat next to me, "I need to know what we do when the older citizens come," He said. I did not really know what older citizens were, "Older citizens?" I said. "They the people on our Planet that raise us and protect us," He said. "Okay," I said.

Yoman is cute...I thought. No! You don't like him! He is just a friend!
"I don't even know him that well," I whispered as I watched some funny animations. You could say that I was bored. Yoman and Ular were in my room, playing Sorry. "Sorry!" Ular said as she knocked Yoman's piece over. "Aww," Yoman put his piece back to the beginning. I stared at them, realizing how crazy it was for an alien to be in my room, sure, they looked pretty normal, more like exaggerated goths, but I knew they were aliens. I stifled a laugh every time Yoman had to go back, he made a funny face. It is kind of cute, I shook the thought from my head. I went back to the animations, watching Domics recall his time with a shoplifter while he worked at retail. I opened my back door. It was kind of chilly, I could go outside with my small jacket on. I went outside and I sat on the bench in the backyard. And then I looked at the ship. We had big fences to keep our neighbors from looking at us. Ular and Yoman had dug a hole in the ground where they half buried the spaceship. This backyard was mine and the frontyard was my mom's. My dad wasn't interested in a backyard or a frontyard. I was the only one who could see or access the backyard, my parents did not have windows in their rooms, either. The spaceship was safe, I think. And then, I heard a cry for help.