15. Travis

"Have you enjoyed your time love?" Gregory asked me as we were in the hot tub and watched Colby with his swim teacher Gregory hired because my boy so badly wanted to learn. 

We were at the hotel's pool and it had a hot tub a few feet away from the pool. 

"I have, thank you for this weekend." I smiled and I fought the urge to tear up. Since meeting Gregory, life has been better than it's been for a while.

"It's been wonderful for me as well." I blushed as he winked at me. Damn him and his effect on me. 

I couldn't imagine my life without this man and he's such a natural with Colby as if it was meant to be and that terrifies me. 

"Dada, can we go to the zoo now?" My champ said. 

"Sure kiddo." I nodded as Gregory and I got out of the hot tub. I watched as the water dripped off his body, a few drops going into the waistband of his trunks and disappearing before my very eyes. He is sexy as fuck especially when he runs his hand through his hair and looks at me like I'm all he sees.

"You have a very smart kid on your hands, Mr. Travis, I've never taught a kid who has trapped the basics as fast as he has, give it a few more classes and he'll be diving in no time." Chase said and the thought of my baby boy growing up terrified me. I mean he'll be four in two weeks or less so that thought alone, I was not ready for it. 

When we got to our room to shower and change, my champ couldn't stop rambling about how he's going to tell his class how much fun he's had this weekend. 

"Dada come on…" He said dragging me to the car. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said as I shook my head. 

As we got on the road, I was lost in my thoughts about how much my life has changed in the last almost three months since meeting Gregory. 

"You ok babe?" Gregory asked. 

"I'm fine." I smiled, kissing his knuckles as we drove to the Bronx Zoo. 

As we got there you could just hear the animals. 

"Let's ride the bench ride, we'll see most of the zoo from up there and then ride the zoo tour train." Gregory suggested. 

"Sounds good to me." I said and that's what we did. 

"We can stop at some point to have lunch." He said and I just shook my head as I couldn't stop staring at his lips. Damn this man of mine. 

"Can we go see the African wild dogs please dada?" I bit my lip. 

"Sure champ." I looked away and Gregory squeezed my hand. 

"I'll be there by your side love and they're far behind the glass, it's ok." He reassured me and I nodded. 

Around noon we sat at a picnic table and we had lunch. I've had several panic attacks and I have a feeling Gregory is starting to get suspicious. 

I honestly think it's about time we had that talk about that part of my life in high school. 

"You don't have to tell me, Travis, I know that look, like you're fighting with yourself to explain the panic attacks." He said. 

"I…" He just shook his head. 

"Don't feel forced to tell me such a secret. It may only bring up old memories and ruin your fun." I sighed. 

He was right. He was always right about everything. He knows me and Colby more than we know ourselves and I can't seem to read him at all.