14

"We'll talk about this later." Skip says as we walk down the street towards the car.

"If you think this is bad, wait till tomorrow." I say quietly and all he does is throw an arm over my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

"I don't know how you were living here before, but all I know is I don't like it. Did you're mom even take care of you?" Skip's voice was even and calm, but I could hear the worry in his voice.

"Umm... No." Is all I say.

"Alright we have three seats, and Skip and I are sure as shit not walking. So who's walking back?" Jax asks.

"I'm not walking, I had to watch DJ get the shit beat out of her." Sarah says and I roll my eyes slighting, not liking the way my head hurt when I did it.

She wasn't the one getting the crap beat out of her, but I didn't blame her from not wanting to walk. It was at least a twenty minute walk.

"DJ, you are in the car." Skip says and I hold up the hand that isn't currently pressed to my aching ribs.

"I'm fine with walking." I needed a cool down or I was going to be sore tomorrow, on top of my injuries.

"Get in the car." He says again and I shake my head.

"I know the way back better than anyone."

Skip let's out an impacent sigh and nods.

"Fine. Neco go with her. Nix and Ryder in the car now." Jax sets out orders and they listen.

Soon the car pulls away and I'm left standing with a still quiet Neco.

"You okay?" His voice startles me as we start to walk.

Well he walks, my leg is still half asleep from Xavier punching me there. Deadlegs are real.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You're probably going to need stitches on your cheek."

Why was he worried about my injuries? They weren't even that bad. I'm pretty sure I broke Xavier's nose in more than one place, and I know I knocked a few of his teeth loose.

"I have some butterfly strips in my bag back at the hotel."

I was always prepared with that type of stuff. Reason one being because of Xavier. The fuck had a lot of effects on me. All of them negative. When it's cold my arm aches where he broke it after he accused me of cheating on him. Which I hadn't. He was also pissed I wouldn't let him sleep with me. That was a lot of arguments I never wanted to repeat again.

"Why'd you stop the fight?" I ask looking at Neco.

His jaw tightens slightly and he looks like he is going to tell me something but changes his mind halfway through.

"Skip told me to." He finally answers, but I'm not sure he was telling the truth.

"Okay."

Just about half way to the hotel my leg hasn't let up with the amount of pain running up it and I was getting tired from the adrinaline coursing through me wearing off. That's when my legs give out and I manage to catch myself on a street lamp. 

"Shit. You should have just taken the ride." Neco grumbles making me sit down on the sidewalk.

"I'm fine, I just need to sit for a second." I probably looked like a homeless street kid right now, but I didn't care.

"You're not fine. What's hurting?"

"My leg."

He lifts my pant leg and let's out a low curse. "It's bruised pretty badly, I don't know if I want you walking on it."