trente-cinq

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊-𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖖:GELATO IS THE HIGHLIGHTOF THE TRIP

GELATO IS THE HIGHLIGHT
OF THE TRIP

★ 。/|\。★

A LOT HAD happened after the girls returned from the Temple of Fear and Panic. Phobos had indeed accepted Mimas' ear — Piper's spoil of war — and sent her, Belle, and Annabeth back up to the surface. They had returned to the Argo II and informed everyone of what happened. Belle told Percy about her panic attack that she had in private which made Percy even more adamant to not let her out of his sight. However, after Belle had learned from Piper to try and accept her fear rather than push it away, she noticed her nightmares become less and less intense. Everything seemed to be going smoothly as they continued their way to Greece.

Naturally, everything then went wrong. The ship was suddenly attacked by a violent storm that would've killed them if it wasn't for Percy and Jason. While the rest of the crew tried to save the ship, Jason had risen from his bed (which he wasn't supposed to do because of his wound) and found Percy trying to keep the ship stabilized. Belle honestly wasn't surprised to see her stupid idiot boyfriend jump over the side of the ship to go into the rowdy sea, but she was shocked to see Jason follow after him.

Apparently, the two of them had met Kymopoleia, Goddess of storms, at the seafloor. She had created the storm because she was working for Gaea (of course she was.) However, Polybotes, the Giant bane of Poseidon, had showed up and began to choke Percy with poison. Jason, in a panic, then promised Kymopoleia that the minor Gods and Goddesses would be recognized more. That assisted in persuading the Goddess to help destroy the Giant. Jason's wound had also miraculously been healed, which Belle didn't really understand, but it didn't matter. Both of them had survived.

Despite both of them being okay, the poison Percy had choked on had left him quite sick. The second Belle saw how green he looked when he came back to the ship, she went into worried girlfriend mode. She was there every time Percy had to throw up (which was pretty often) and tried to get him to eat something little by little. He seemed to be getting better each day, but Belle could tell that he still felt awful.

However, the storm had really damaged the ship. After their encounter with Kymopoleia, the Argo II limped through the Aegean. It was too damaged to fly and too slow to outrun monsters. Someone had to be on duty at all times. Hungry sea serpents attacked the ship about every hour. Curious fish seemed to be attracted to them. At one point they even got stuck on a rock, and Percy and Jason had to get out and push.

It wasn't the most ideal situation. Especially since with all of the damage, three days passed of them still trying to get the ship back into working order. That meant they were also running out of time before the Feast of Spes. The closer they got, the more nervous Belle became. Demeter's voice in Tartarus kept ringing through her head — your plant powers can help in this war, but you alone cannot stop Gaea.