CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I snuck off to find the women's bathroom. Inside was a girl and guy making out wildly against the wall. They didn't even seem to notice me. I walked up to the mirror and wiped the makeup from under my eyes. I was still crying. One moment everything was fine, and the next everything was ruined. After a few minutes I went back out into the party to find Kara. I had to tell her that we no longer had a ride. I spotted her across many people.

As I started making my way towards her, I was startled with a cold splash. Some guy spilled his beer all over my dress. 

"What the hell?" I squealed. 

He and all of his friends just started laughing.

"What's wrong pretty girl?" one of them shouted. 

"Your dress looks a little wet," another one said. 

I turned to walk away, and someone grabbed my arm, "Not so fast." 

"Fuck off," I yelled, causing them to laugh more, but thankfully, I was able to wriggle free. 

I'd lost Kara in the crowd, and knew that there was no chance of finding a ride anytime soon. I didn't trust anyone either; everyone was drinking. I wasn't thinking straight. I was still really upset. I went and filled a cup with some Miller Light. Then, I filled it again. And again. I was wandering aimlessly through the crowd, and I stumbled into someone. 

"Jess?" a familiar voice said. 

"Are you okay?" it said. I guess I still looked upset. 

I realized it was Josh, and I sobbed into his arms. He was clueless as to why I was upset. I didn't even know why I was crying anymore. I just couldn't control it. He rubbed my back and told me that it was going to be okay. 

"But it's not," I sobbed. 

He took me to an empty area and sat me down. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

"To... tonight, I screwed up the... the two relationships that ma.. mattered most to me," I stumbled on my words as I explained the rest of what happened. 

"I think you've had a little too much to drink," he said. 

"Probably," I admitted quietly, feeling dizzy.

"Let me take you home," he spoke kindly.

He walked me to his car. I guess, he and Tyler had come separately. I laid down across the back seat. Josh didn't know where my dorm was, and he asked me which way to go. I could barely form words anymore and my head was killing me, so I just closed my eyes. 

**** 

Josh woke me up, suddenly. I'd forgotten where I was. And then it all came back. He helped me out of the car. 

"Where are we?" I muttered. 

"This is where Tyler and I have been staying," he motioned to the tour bus. 

I dazedly followed Josh to an area with small beds inside the bus. He asked if I wanted a change of clothes. I ended up wearing one of his t-shirts and crawled into a bed. 

"Thanks Josh. Really, I don't know what I would've done without you tonight."

"No problem," he said, and he kissed my forehead. 

I was too out of it to think anything of it, and soon fell soundly asleep. 

Josh's Point of View

She looked so peaceful in her sleep. So innocent. I added a blanket on top of her. I couldn't help myself. Before I knew it, my lips were pressed lightly to hers. She just laid there, unresponsive.

"I love you Jess. I always have," I whispered. 

It was almost three in the morning when Tyler stumbled in, so drunk, he could barely walk. He gave me a silent wave, and crashed down onto the bed across from Jess, not even noticing her. Eventually, I too, fell asleep. 

Jess's Point of View 

I slowly opened my eyes. My head was still pounding. Where was I again?  Answering my question, was a Twenty One Pilots tour poster hanging on the wall. Everything that happened last night rushed back. In movies and books, people always end up forgetting what happened on a night they were drunk. Unfortunately, I remembered every minute.  I heard voices. 

"What is she doing here?" Tyler asked. 

"She needed a ride last night and was too drunk to tell me how to get to her dorm," Josh replied. 

A third voice that I didn't recognize spoke. It must be Mark, the boys' manager, "Who is she? Just some girl from the party?"

"Something like that," Tyler answered, "I'm gonna see if she's awake." 

Was I mad at Tyler for telling Alex that we kissed? For coming to the party with Madison?

I didn't know. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Tyler opened the curtain separating the room with beds from the rest of the bus. I could feel his eyes on me. I felt him sit down and run his fingers through my hair. I pretended to be waking up. 

Tyler looked really tired himself. 

"Hey," he said, grabbing my hand.

"Hi," I replied weakly. 

"We... We should talk," he started. 

"Tyler, Jess, you may want to see this!" Josh interrupted from the main area of the bus. 

Tyler and I rushed out to see. Josh gestured towards the television. 

A news reporter was speaking, "-was found last night unconscious in his smashed up car, just outside of Penn State's Campus. In critical condition, and scheduled to undergo surgery soon, Alex Reynolds will be lucky if he makes it out of this.." 

My heart sank when I heard his name. Critical condition. 

"I need to get to the hospital," I shouted. 

Everyone just looked at me for a second. 

"Now!" I yelled angrily. 

Tyler grabbed his keys. I borrowed a pair of sweats from Josh, and met Tyler in the car. 

"So about us..." Tyler began. 

"About us? Did you seriously ask about us? You're such a selfish ass. Do you really think I'm in the mood to talk about us when I just found out my boyfriend is in critical condition?" 

"Maybe ex-boyfr.." 

"Boyfriend thank you very much. I'm not letting you or anyone else get between us. God, I can't even stand to look at you anymore." 

"I'm sorry, really, I was just kidding," he tried. 

"Save it," I replied as we pulled into visitor parking. I got out of the car as fast I could and started running towards the entrance.