6

please comment throughout the chapter!

"We should do this again."

"I'm down. Maybe you could come to one of my races later on in the season?" Lando suggested. "I know that Daniel and Carlos would like to meet the girl who I met on the plane."

I bit my lip to suppress a grin and looked up at him. "That'd be nice."

"So..." We eventually slowed down as we head to my front door. "I don't want the night to be over."

"Neither do I," I honestly replied, turning to face him when we came to a halt.

"Uh," He scratched his neck, "I was wondering if you'd want to come to mine?" Before I could even open my mouth to speak, he started to ramble. "We can watch a movie if you'd like. I don't have many movies at home but I have Netflix, or I can buy Disney + or Prime-"

"Lando." I couldn't help but chuckle as I interrupted him. He took a breath and looked at me, unsure. "I really like the idea of going to yours, but we're at my place right now and I have a lot of DVDs and Netflix. Plus, I have excellent taste in films."

Lando grins and pushed my shoulder slightly. "You're adorable."

"So, my place?" I asked with soft red cheeks.

Lando nodded his head as a wide grin started to form on both of our faces. "Let's go."

"No way you live here," He exclaimed when he first stepped foot into my apartment. My residence is probably as big as his whole front room and was furnished with modern, yet expensive, looking furniture. There were obviously little messes here and there which confirmed someone like me lives here, empty glasses, pictures of me and my mom, photo's with my friends on holidays and a jukebox set up next to the tv.

"Welcome to my humble abode."

"There's nothing humble about this, babe," Lando said with a chuckle, moving in further whilst I locked the door. "I can see that you live here" I kicked off my shoes beside Lando's and inhaled deeply. "Well, I'm sorry. I just hate cleaning." I laugh.

"If you think you hate cleaning, wait until you see Carlos's house when his girlfriend isn't around." Lando appeared by my side and took my hand, guiding me towards the sofa. I felt a flutter in my stomach whenever he talked about me meeting his friends and definitely got my hopes up that he might want something serious.

"Inviting me to meet your friends already?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked teasingly.

"What can I say? You're captivating." He laughed with a wink. His arm reached over my shoulder to grab the tv remote on the edge of the sofa, however, he kept it there when he dropped it into my lap. Smooth, Norris. "So what film do you want to watch?"

I hummed in thought, adjusting my position so I was comfortably leaning against his muscular body. "I was leaning towards a new season of a tv show I saw, it's called Drive to Survive."

"Excellent choice, O'Connell," Lando said, motioning to the box on the coffee table. "I hope you're ready to see how good I am."

"It's a great way to get to know what type of person you are." I shrugged, smiling up at him.

Lando picked up the remote and began to flick through the movies and tv shows on my television before finding the documentary. I inhaled sharply in anticipation as he selected the right season and played his episode - why do I put myself through this?

Whilst the Netflix logo played, I snuggled closer to Lando's chest. His arm momentarily moved from my shoulder but it was only to pull a throw over both of us before returning to my shoulder.