5

please comment throughout the chapter!

"That's not at all what I said," Lando went bright red and I laughed, shaking my head as I reached for his hand.

I honestly had no idea what came over me, but he accepted my gesture and locked his fingers between mine. His thumb began to brush slowly across my soft skin. There was beginning some sort of connection between the two of us and I was so shocked at how my evening was unfolding.

Lando was confident, but at the same time, he had a softer side to him. He was interested in me as a person and would rather listen to me talk about my studies and get to know me instead of hooking up with me.

"Look. I need to get going in a few because I have to work out tomorrow morning, but how about I give you a ride home?" Lando asked me. He got my hand and rubbed his thumb over it.

"No," I pulled my hand away from his rather abruptly and started to curse myself mentally, shaking my head as I looked at him with rosy red cheeks. "Sorry. I mean, no thanks; I haven't finished my hot chocolate yet."

"That's cool, I can wait around," he shrugged, I nod. "You really don't need to do that. But if you want to, then it's okay for me." I was trying to push him away from the idea because I wanted to spend the rest of my evening alone watching Netflix.

"Sure," he smiled, licking his lips slowly one final time as his eyes flicked upwards to gaze into mine, making my fingers tingle with just one look. The things this boy did to me.

I got my mug from the table and drank the last bit of what still laying on the bottom. Lando took my other hand in his and rubbed over it. "Well, before we go. I wanted to ask you something rather important, at least it is important to me."

He sighed and I could tell he was starting to get nervous. His hands felt a bit clammy and his eyes travelled in all different directions.

"What's up Lan?" I smiled, whilst trying to comfort him a bit. I didn't really know how to because I don't know what he needed to tell me. "You can just tell me if you need to rant."

He sighed whilst his lips turned upwards. "So, without risking sounding too forward, I was wondering if you would maybe like to meet up at some point? Whether it's for dinner or a movie, or maybe you could come over to mine sometime?" Lando scratched the back of his head whilst he looked at me, straight into my eyes.

A thousand butterflies in my stomach erupted as he asked the question. My cheeks started to grow a little red. What do I tell him? I felt comfortable and relaxed around him while I felt I could be who I am. This feeling wasn't something I had felt in a long time, ever since Noah left me that day I promised myself to never date again.

But Lando is different;

I clear my throat and smiled before staring into his eyes. "That'd be lovely. I'm free for the most part this week since I've got some time off work. I understand you have a busy schedule, though, so don't feel forced to clear time-"

"Oh, no. Don't worry, Aeden, that won't be an issue. In fact, how does tomorrow night sound?" Lando interrupted me. "Tomorrow night sounds about right for me. Where did you want to meet?"

I got my mug and placed it to my lips as I tried to take a small sip but I realised the mug was empty. "How about I pick you up? I'll be there at seven." He chuckled as he noticed my blunder.

"That sounds great to me," I tell him while I got my bag from the chair.

We slide our chairs back against the table as we got up. "Let's go" Lando smiles as he swings his arm around my shoulder. I chuckle and lay my head on his sleeve.

Marcus waved at us from behind the counter as we made our way out of the cafe towards the McLaren. To be honest, I've never seen or been in such an expensive car. Let alone such a fast one who goes to 100 km/h in a matter of seconds.

Lando opens the door for me and I get in. The inside looks absolutely stunning and I'm starting to wonder how many girls he had in this car. "You're the first girl to sit in this car." He smiles as if he could read my thoughts. "Am I really?" I squeeze my eyes, causing Lando to chuckle. "Yes, you're even the first girl I ever let in one of my cars. Except for my mum and sisters." My cheeks blush a soft reddish pink colour.

I tell him what directions we need to go and we arrive at my apartment in a matter of minutes.

"This has been such a lovely evening," I commented as we got out of the car. Lando takes my hand and adjusts the grip.

"It has, hasn't it?" He gave me a dopey smile, which I could see under the dim lamps lining the narrow path.

The air was crisp and I began to shiver. "Are you cold?" He asks whilst he rubs my arm with his other hand. I nod slowly, "But it's not a-"

"Here take this, and no commentary," Lando says with a smile as he takes his jacket off and places it over my shoulders.

It made my heart flutter with excitement when I first saw the little McLaren logo on the left breast and the orange lining. The softshell jacket smelled of his cologne and made me feel warm all over.