Chapter Twelve -Edited

Happy took off practically with the door open

Happy took off practically with the door open. Pepper and Bella barely had the chance to buckle their seatbelts. His sharp corners tossed both women around as Pepper shouted at him to go.

"Hang on!" Happy shouted, crashing through the barrier onto the tracks while Tony's car was slashed by an electric whip.

Bella watched the arc happen, her mind tuning out the frantic conversation going on around her. Field medicine tactics burned through her head in a constant loop until it created a track of its own. Her throat felt raw even though she had done no yelling and she could feel a string of Spanish curse words waiting to slip off the tip of her tongue.

She started a tendency to yell at him the way her parents yelled at her. In Spanish. That way most people couldn't understand what she was saying or it got translated wrong.

Happy recklessly drove through the track, against the stream of traffic until finally, finally crashing into the chain link fence with a man pinned between the car and it.

"Are you okay?" Tony asked having run around the car to lean through the drivers side window. He glanced over Happy then Pepper and finally looking to the back where Bella should have been.

Instead the Latina caught him off guard with a sharp punch to his shoulder. "¡Hijo de puta! ¡Te dije que no hicieras la carrera! y que hiciste? ¡¿Qué hiciste?!" She shouted angrily despite the way she still scanned over him for injury. (You son of a bitch! I told you not to do the race! And what did you do? What did you do?!)

"Drove the race," Tony said sheepishly. He scratched at the back of his neck, knowing this was going to kick his ass in the media. He could see the memes videos now.

"¡Condujiste la puta carrera! ¡Exactamente lo que te dije que no hicieras! Joder, ¿estás bien?" She shouted. Bella's attention slowly moved away from how extremely mad she was with him to how hurt he could have been. She immediately began to prod at his ribs gently before Tony gently caught her hands in his. (You drove the fucking race! Exactly what I told you not to do! Fuck, are you okay?)

Tony cupped her hands to his chest, offering her a very soft smile. "Bells, I'm fine," he started, pressing feather light kisses to her fingertips. "Could you stop yelling at me in Spanish now? It's bad for press."

Bella scoffed and shook her head. "No me importa la maldita prensa." (I don't care about the damn press.)

"Were you heading for me or him?" Tony directed to Happy who only shot him a irritated look. Bella rolled her eyes at his attempt to change the subject and buried her face in his shoulder. He didn't even have to glance down at her to know how worried she'd been; he wrapped his arms around her waist.