Chapter Six -Edited

"What happened?" Bella exclaimed, quickly dropping to her knees next to Tony

"What happened?" Bella exclaimed, quickly dropping to her knees next to Tony. Pressing the back of her hand against his forehead, she nearly winced at his temperature. She glanced up at Rhodey, who kneeled closer to his feet, for an answer.

Tony squirmed out from under her hand, scrubbing a hand over his face. "Obadiah," He wheezed and pressed his body further up the desk. "Where's Pepper?"

Bella glanced between the two frantically. She didn't know what was happening and she couldn't do anything for him until somebody explained.

"She's fine. She's with five agents. They're about to arrest Obadiah," Rhodey replied while attempting to help Tony to his feet with Bella's help.

Tony shook his head weakly, swallowing hard before responding. "That's not gonna be enough." He glanced to Bella who had a look of increasing annoyance on her face.

"Would you care to explain what the hell is going on?" She snapped. Her brown eyes glared at her friends irritatedly when neither of them responded. Bella made a gesture and arched a brow at either one of them.

"Obadiah wants control of Stark Industries. He tried to have me killed; just tried again. He got the arc reactor," Tony breathed slowly but surely gaining his strength back. "I'm okay but I gotta stop him."

She opened her mouth to protest only to shut it again when Rhodey shook his head towards her. The both knew she could argue with him all she wanted but it wouldn't do any good. "What are you gonna do? Stop him in that suit? Would that even work?" Bella asked softly as she scanned over Rhodey for injury.

It was an instinct she'd grown into after spending a few years working in the medical field. She always looked for injury when the situation deemed it. But this...this she blamed herself for. If she hadn't gone to get supplies she would have been there.

Tony's face hardened as he recognized the guilt that began to crawl across her features. They were too alike for him not to know exactly what was running through her mind behind those chocolate brown irises.

"Don't blame yourself for this. If you were here he would have killed you," he muttered sending her a pointed look. "Now, you need to stay here. Rhodey keep her safe." The man nodded curtly and caught Bella's shoulder as she made a move to examine a small cut across Tony's nose. The billionaire snorted catching Rhodey eyeing his suit jealously. "Not bad, huh?"

Bella rolled her eyes, ducking under Rhodey's arm and stepping closer to Tony. Their mutual friend scoffed playfully. "You need us to do anything else?"

"Keep the skies clear," Tony said. He sent the two of them a smirk before Bella could send a scathing remark at them. "Keep out of trouble, would you? Don't really need to come back to Rhodey having a heart attack."