Prologue

A (h/c) young princess was playing on the beach with her older sister and their parents.

"Throw the ball Erica."

"Okay [Y/n], get ready." Erica threw the ball to her younger sister,but the ball went over [Y/n]'s head, down the beach.

"Oh no." Erica said with her hands over her mouth. Her parents came over and knelt next to her.

"What is it Erica?" Her father asked her.

"I threw the ball too far."

"Oh, that's no problem. I'll go get it for you." Her father said getting up.

"Don't worry dad, I'll get it." Little [Y/n] said from her spot.

"Are you sure sweetie?"

"Yes Dad, I'll be back before you know it." She said already running down the beach to look for the ball.

"Be careful honey." Her mom shouted after her.

"I will mom."

[Y/n] ran to the far side of the beach, and she saw the ball she was looking for. The young princess picked it up and was about to turn around when she saw a small yellow and blue fish looking at her.

"Hello." She said to the small fish who just looked at her curiously and then swam away. [Y/n] shrugged and was about walking away when she heard a giggle. She followed the sound of the laugh until she came to a small cave by the beach were a young boy about her age was playing with the fish she saw earlier.

[Y/n] gasped smiling softly as the red haired boy splashed around with the fish. She took a step forward and her foot slipped into the water, alerting the boy of her presence.

The boy turned and gasped when he saw her, then he dived into the water, the fish following him.

"Wait!" [Y/n] dived into the water, thinking he was drowning, but coming out when she didn't see the boy.

"Hi." She gasped and turned, seeing the boy she was searching for.

"Hello." She said smiling. "Why'd you run away?"

"Oh um……that's because I haven't seen a human up close before." He said looking at her curiously.

"Human? What'd you mean? Aren't you a human too?"

"No."

"Uh? Then what are you?"

The boy relaxed back into the water and lifted his bottom half. [Y/n] gasped at what she saw, for in place of where legs supposed to be, was a bright green tail.

"Wow!" The young princess exclaimed, her (e/c) eyes wide in amazement." "You're a mermaid?"

"What? No!" The boy said putting his tail back in the water. "Mermaids are girls."

"Oh, so you're a merboy?"

"Um……sorta."

"Cool." She said and the two kids smiled at each other. "I'm [Y/n]."

The girl said putting out her hand for a shake, the boy looked at it confused. "Oh you shake it."

"Why?"

"I don't know. It's just what people do when they meet each other." The boy took her hand and started swinging it, making her giggle and stop him, showing him how to do it right.

"Here like this. Now you tell me your name."

"Oh I'm Aaron."

"Nice to meet you Aaron."