A Blind Eye

"Yola!" Lily ran towards the greenhouse which Yola was in front of, leaning against the railing. Yola raises her brow when she looks at Lily.

"Lily? What happened?" Yola asked.

Lily took a deep breath and gave Yola a bright smile. "The class went out of control after you left."

"What? Why?"

"Because no one thought that you cheated and that's when everyone started to do their own thing. They then started to ask if someone slipped the cheat sheet in your desk. Most came to the conclusion that it was Sam. Then that escalated to questioning her actions from Hailie to Ms. Smith. They finally believe that it was Sam all along."

Yola looked surprised. "They said all that?"

Lily nodded. "I couldn't believe it myself. That sudden change in the class really caught me off guard."

Yola smirked. "It was you. Little by little you convinced them. With your strength they saw that they could change too. From here on out, things will be different. Don't you think, Your Royal Highness."

With everything that she has been through from the moment she stepped foot inside to all the bullying. Lily could honestly say that she changed and she couldn't hold back her tears any longer. She threw herself at Yola and started to cry on her chest.

I thought I would have to live this way until I graduated. But everything changed, I changed. I won't forget this day ever!

Yola hugged Lily when she stopped crying. "You big cry baby."

Lily laughed.

——
In the classroom, most of the students left, it was only a handful of girls that stood behind. Ms. Parker never came back. Ava sat next to Yasmin who was playing on her phone.

Ava was looking at the group of girls that was talking. She turned to Yasmin with concern. "Yasmin, what do we do with Sam?"

"Who cares?" Yasmin said.

"W-What do you mean, who cares?"

The Nymphs were looking over at Yasmin and Ava.

"I'm going there to ask them," Siofra said.

"Are you sure? They might not even tell us anything," Nesrin said.

Siofra pulled Nesrin. "It will be fine, let's go."

"Stop, I'm afraid," Nesrin said as Siofra dragged her towards Yasmin and Ava.

Siofra cleared her throat. "Yasmin, tell me. Is it true?"

"Is what true?" Yasmin asked, bluntly.

Siofra got a little nervous but continued. "Um, about Sam putting the blame on Hailie."

Yasmin looked at her thinking should she tell her.

"So, is it true?" Siofra asked.

Yasmin smiled. "Yes, it is." She got up and grabbed Siofra's hand. "Sam told me everything. She threatened Hailie."

Siofra looked back to the others. "See, I told you." She turned back to Yasmin. "Let me guess she silenced you and the others. That's why Chloe isn't here, right?"

Yasmin wrapped her arm around Siofra's shoulder and pulled her close. "What a clever girl." They walked to the other side of the room with the rest of the girls who were sitting.

Ava watched, confused about what to do.

Yasmin continued to tell the girls. "When Hailie jumped it really hit us hard. We are supposed to be sisters."