War PT.1

Dante walked into Lily's hospital room. She was up looking at the window, watching the snow fall.

"Lily?" Dante said, walking slowly.

Lily smiled. "Hey..."

Dante hugged her. "Are you okay?"

Lily nodded and Dante had a worried look. "When the police called, I dropped everything."

"Why? I'm fully healed. I'm just here because I was brought here," Lily said.

Dante sighed. "Because you're one of my kids and, as a father, of course I'll drop everything if one of my kids is hurt."

"Thank you," Lily said.

————
Three days had passed since the incident. Sam and her parents were having breakfast and watching the news. The headline about the hospital incident popped up and Sam jumped up when the news anchor was talking about it. Luke and his pack got arrested for suspicion of trespassing and arson.

Sam dropped her juice.

"What's wrong, Samantha?" her father asked.

She gave him a nervous smile. "It's nothing, Daddy."

Her phone started to ring and she immediately went to her room. It was Luke calling her.

"How did you get out?" Sam asked.

"My boss paid our bond, but I really need to see you," Luke said.

"...okay."

Sam met Luke in a restaurant, wearing a disguise. Luke looked disappointed. "I'm sorry, I couldn't do what you asked."

Sam shook her head. "No, you did your best. You could have gotten killed. How could I be mad at you?"

Luke gave her a small smile. "Thanks, I promise that I won't tell anyone about your plan. So if you're worried about me ratting you out, don't."

Sam's eyes widened. "Luke..."

"It's gonna be alright, we're gonna be fine." Luke leaned in for a kiss and he looked out the window. They held hands while they walked out of the restaurant. Sam tugged on Luke's sleeve. "You need to get out of here. You can't let anyone see you."

Luke kissed Sam passionately as a tear rolled down her cheek. He wiped it off and put his head on hers. "Run away with me," he whispered.

"Aren't you on parole? Won't you go to jail...again?" Sam asked.

He shook his head. "We're not human. Those rules don't apply to people like us."

He's lying; he probably escaped from the cops. He didn't even mention the whereabouts of the rest of his pack.

Sam smiled. "Okay, tonight, meet me at Penn Station."

Luke nodded then ran away as Sam watched.

Sam wiped her lips. Useless dog.

She walked into the nearest police station crying her eyes out.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" a female officer asked.

She shook her head and noticed that the officer had a Hunter Unit badge. Perfect!

"Tell me what's wrong. What happened?" the officer said as she sat Sam down.

"W-Well this guy tried to pick me up. He, he said that he was running from the police and escaping from the hospital in police custody. And t-that he was one of the boys that started the fire."