Chapter 2

Hannah

Nobody asked me any questions when I got back to my desk. Johnny wasn't there, his car gone from the car park. I was half relieved because I didn't know what I would say to him. His kindness towards me had touched me so deeply, especially because it must have been extremely difficult to hear me talk about Liam.

Liam.

I was so annoyed by the way he was handling the situation and his attitude towards me. I had wanted him back and last night and he had rejected me! It still stung to even think of it. He then turned up and caused another scene at my work. If I didn't love him so much I'd tell him to fuck off and never speak to me again.

'Are you alright?' My phone read. It was Johnny.

'Thank you for your kindness Johnny. Are you alright?' I texted back.

'Of course'.

I didn't respond, putting my phone down and started to plough through the account I was working on.

By lunchtime I excused myself, wanting fresh air. I walked to the gates and pulled my phone out calling Johnny. He answered on the second ring.

'Are you alright?' He reiterated his earlier question. I dodged it.

'I'm sorry about that Johnny. I really am. I hope you're okay given the drama'. I let out a dry laugh. He laughed back.

'Don't worry about me... as long as you're okay. I'll see you in the office tomorrow Miss Williams'. He sounded distracted and ended the call. I lit a cigarette.

I was shaky as I still hadn't eaten and I knew the nicotine and caffeine wasn't helping but I was so anxious, especially now I was going to see Liam after work.

The afternoon flew and I found myself parking up outside of Liam's house. My whole body started to shake as I spotted his van. I tried to keep my hand steady as I rasped on his door. My stomach rumbled as I waited but I still couldn't feel hungry.

Liam pulled the door open and looked reserved as he stood aside so I could come in. I gave him a small smile that he didn't reciprocate. It added to my anxiety.

He had gotten changed out of his work attire and was wearing a grey tracksuit that I hadn't seen before. It must be new, I thought. I waited for him to walk up the stairs and felt disappointed when he instead made his way towards the living room. I followed him in.

I sat down on the brown leather couch and clasped my hands together, I was still shaking and felt weak. He remained on his feet and stood the furthest away from me in the small room, gazing out of the window.

I hated this. I hated that he had the upper hand and I hated the way he was acting towards me. I became angry and decided I would unleash it if needs be, instead of trying to be reasonable.

'What did you want to speak to me about then?' My demeanour changed to ice cold. He squinted his eyes at me obviously not expecting it.

'What was going on when I interrupted you?' He put his hand on the wall and leaned his weight against it, his eyes not leaving mine.

'I've told you. Nothing. He was seeing why I was upset'. I shrugged, trying to keep calm holding his gaze.

'He shouldn't be seeing why you are upset'. He snapped back.

'Well maybe if you hadn't upset me I wouldn't have needed comforting!' I remarked harshly.

'It's always my fault isn't it'. He snorted. 'Oh wait. You've been sleeping with another man'. He spat sarcastically, shaking his head aggressively.