Chapter 13

(3rd person POV)

America and Belarus went to a nearby mall to buy America some clothes. While inside the store, Belarus was looking at a bunch of bows and shoes, while America was looking at a bunch of tee shirts with superheroes on them. America continued looking at the shirts, until his eyes took notice of a single brown bomber jacket. He was instantly drawn to it, and after trying it on in the changing room, he fell in love with it.

Belarus finished picking out a few bows, and made her way over to the cash register. When she reached the cash register, she saw America carrying a giant mountain of of clothes.

"This isn't too much, right?" America said while looking around the pile of clothes.

"It's fine Amerika." Belarus pulled out her credit card and swiped it in the card reader.

The two of them walked out of the clothes store both carrying their bags of clothes. Belarus was carrying a single small bag, while America managed to carry 8 giant bags with ease.

The two of them went to the food court and began ordering food. Belarus got a simple salad, while America bought about 20 burgers.
When America took his first bite, his eyes began to tear up in joy. He hadn't had food in so long, even though it was only McDonald's, it tasted like the best food on the planet.

When they arrived back at the hotel, America gave Belarus a fashion show of all the clothes he bought. Belarus found it humorous, especially since America was giving a spot on impersonation of Poland.

As Belarus was laughing her head off, she failed to notice America until he bent down near her and pulled her into a tight hug.

Belarus tensed up at contact, and just looked at America as she began blushing.

"Amerika, what are you doing?"

America pulled back and smiled at her confused expression.

"I just wanted to thank for everything. If you weren't here and helping me then I would've never been able to come back to life. I don't know what I did to deserve someone as great and kind as you, but I'm glad that we can be friends. I promise that I'll make it up to you, once I become my own country I'll pay you back for everything you've done for me."

America clasped her hands in his and gave her the biggest smile he could.

Belarus just stared in silence, still taking in what America had just told her.

'He thinks I'm kind? He cares about me? No he doesn't, he's lying.' Just as she was thinking that, America grabbed her hands. Belarus looked down to see their hands interlocked, and began to feel warm inside. It was a feeling she has never felt before... and it felt good.

Any denial Belarus was feeling melted away as she dived at America and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

America was taken aback for a second due to her abruptness, but quickly returned the hug.
After a couple minutes, America began to get worried since she hasn't moved at all.

"You okay there Nat?"

"Shut up dammit, just let me have this, A-Alfred."

Alfred was going to comment about her saying his name, but decided it was just best to be quiet.
________________________________

The next day, America woke up to Belarus still latched around his waist in her sleep. America slowly untangled her arms and got off the bed.

He walked over to the computer and signed into his website again. He saw that the number of supporters has gone up to 25 million and still climbing. His movement was growing fast with the public, all he needs to do now is get support from people in the government and military and he will be on his way to regaining independence.

He was currently 2 month away from July 4, and he plans on sending a declaration on that day, which means he doesn't have much time left.
________________________________

As the next month went on, the support for independence grew rapidly. More support led to more protests, which was met with more pushback by the British, which caused more support. This kept feeding the movement until now over half the country is in full support of becoming independent.

Now with the majority of the people on his side, America has decided it's finally time to get the support of Congress. This was the final step, and he had a month left to convince them.

Belarus had to go back to her country to deal with her own problems, so now he was driving to Philadelphia alone to meet all the congressmen.

Once America stopped at the Carpenter's Hall, he got out of his car and marched inside. When he got to the door of the meeting room, he was stopped by a security guard standing next to the door.

"Sorry young man, but you can't enter there right now. There's a meeting in progress. The security guard said as he moved in front of America.

America just rolled his eyes at the guard. "I am aware, it's about the independence movement right? Well I have important matters I must discuss with them about that very subject."

"Again, I'm sorry, but you can't enter there unless you are a member of Congress." The guard apologized again.

The guard was about to throw America out of the building, but then America turned around and asked him one last question.

"What about a personification?"

The security guard narrowed his eyes at America and leaned over him. "How do you know about the personifications?"

"That's because I am one." America smiled at the guard and straightened his posture.

"The United States of America, at your service!" America said as he saluted to the guard.

The security guard just scoffed at America and grabbed him by the arm as he started pulling him out of the building.

"That's the worst lie I've ever heard, everyone in the government knows he died over 200 years ago in the Revolutionary War."

"Yes, I did, but that's only because the Americans lost faith as the British began winning. So I couldn't regenerate and eventually fully died when we lost the war."

America wiggled his arm out of the security guard's grip and stood at the entrance of the building.

"But I've come back because people began believing in America again. Now over half of the nation is in support of me and my movement."

The security guard crossed his arms and stared at the American.

"Prove it."

"What?" America asked confused.

"Prove you're a personification."

America thought for a second before sighing and looking up at the guard.

"You got a knife I can borrow?"

The security guard pulled out a pocket knife from his utility belt and handed it to America. America then took the knife and dragged it across his palm. A large, bleeding gash was present on his hand, but after a few seconds it began to close back up until it looked like it wasn't cut at all.

America wiped the blood off his hand and showed the guard that his hand had in-fact healed.

The security guard stared in awe for a second before looking back up to America.

"Very well, lets go."
________________________________
Word count: 1228