City of Endrils

'Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.'

                                        -Andre Gido

                                  ¥

  Tilting sensations went left and right. She felt hands on her legs holding her up. The glow of the sky creeped into Kisara's eyes as she slowy opened them. Only part of a shoulder and the glowing trees were in sight.

  Her eyes roved up to see tiny lights glint in the dark sky. Metal clanked nearby. Stepping sounds drew closer but Kisara couldn't move from her suspended height. Hushed voices slowly made close her eyes again.

                                   ¥

  Something crashed to floor making Kisara jump awake. Too fast she moved, her head hurt like someone hit her upside the head.

  She looked up to the foot of the bed to see a little girl quickly pick up the tin cup. The long brown hair stopped at her tiny waist, the sewn together clothes slightly dirty, her face petite and small.

  The girl looked up and froze. Seeing Kisara, she ran into the wooden door. A hollow thunk made Kisara flinch. The girl regained her senses with a shake and crept out the room.

  Kisara slightly laughed while looking around. The room didn't need any electricity to light anything. Same thing with the trees, everything had it's own glow emitting from it. Only a table, chair, and the bed littered the space (not that it was cluttered with junk or anything).

  Standing was a whole different level from laying on the bed. Once she got her balance, Kisara walked to the door and pushed.

  It didn't budge. Are you kidding me? As hard as it is, there has to be another problem. Couple more attempts were failures until Kisara pulled the handle letting in a blinding light.

  Her eyes adjusted showing buildings next to giant buildings made of old concrete glow orange. Small wooden stalls lined a makeshift street, coloured reds, blues, pinks, purples, whites, merged together bold and bright.

  People of different races walked everywhere talking and laughing, mingling and bargaining. It was wonderful.

  "Great isn't it?"

   The boy from before---Trent walked up to Kisara. She nodded.

  "Yeah, it took awhile to get this whole place started but it is great in the long run. Welcome to the City of Endrils."

                                    ¥

  "Why is it called that?"

  They were walking in the backalley of an old skyscraper, Trent leading to their unknown destination. "Called what?"

  "The City of Endrils." Kisara only saw the one side of Trent's face as he glanced behind him. "You're new aren't you?" "What--

  "The City of Endrils is basically named after that; an Endril. Endrils are what we call the line of an element that people are in, something like a clan of a family. So one Endril of an element or line or whatever you want to call it can be an earth line of people, those people are the only ones who use the earth element such as myself." He turned and faced Kisara. Putting out a hand palm down a small pillar of earth rose out of the ground then crumbled back down as Trent dripped his hand back to his side.

  He turned and started walking again. "There are eight types of elements that exist inside this dream world; earth, fire, water, air, time, space, lightning, and gravity." He stopped before a shabby old shack opening the door for Kisara to go through first.

  "The wielders of the elements are called Incarnates." the long hallway led down to a stairway. The sides were giving way to hard compact dirt than concrete.

  The stairway seemed to go on forever before they came to an old steel door. Trent walked up to the door tapping a series of knocks on the door before it was opened.

  "Why are the people named Incarnates?" Kisara asked. A long glowing red carpet, old from age, marked a path up to a bronze throne. The room large and spaceous, it towered dauntingly above Kisara.

  Trent sighed. "Because we are incarnations of ourselves." Kisara jerked her head at him almost twisting her neck. "What!?"

"Aaah Trent, do you always need to scare the new ones?" an old voice spoke. Kisara looked down to the bronze throne.

                                    ¥

Helloooo. Finally got around to putting out a chapter yay. Vote, Comment please give opinions. And give me quotes that I will put in together with the chapters. Enjoy and read on!