-~Sungjin~-

a/n: tried to make this a fluff. but had good idea for angst. sungjin angst in the best ;-;

He was too busy

Was what you would tell people when they asked why you broke up with your boyfriend of 3 years. If only it was that easy. 

But It isn't.

Never will be.

"Now, yes he was indeed busy.", You would tell people, "But that's not it."

There was more.

Now people would immediately ask, "Did he cheat?" "Is he abusive?" "Not giving you enough attention?" "He broke up with you?"

You didn't have the strength to tell them

Like how you barely had the strength to tell him as well.

~

You can't believe you were going to hurt him on his one day off. 

But you had no choice.

You weren't happy with the relationship you two had.

And It seemed like he wasn't happy either.

"Sungjinnie~" You called to your boyfriend when he entered the door of your apartment. He looked exhausted, sleep deprived, maybe even a tad bit malnourished?  You didn't know. You weren't allowed to know. 

"Hi (y/n)." He said the best he could with the little energy he had. "I'm going to take a nap in our room." 

"Before you do that." You spoke up. Your smile had faltered. You couldn't fake a smile during such a serious time. He'd get the wrong message. You weren't happy that you wanted to break the relationship bond between you two. You were broken.

"Let's talk."

Next thing you knew, the both of you were sitting on the edge of your once shared bed Sungjin. Leader of Day6. Too busy to even call you for 5 minutes. You understood 100%. You weren't selfish.

"I was thinking." You started, looking up from your fiddling hands into his eyes. It didn't help that his big galaxy eyes were full of concern and confusion. Were you really going to lose someone who cared for you so much? 

It was for the best.

"I was thinking that we should break up." You confessed. With a single blink of his eyes, all the stars had died out. What were once Youthful bright spheres of gas, were now black holes.

Empty.

"Hear me out." You explained, gaining his attention back. It hurt to look in his eyes now. They were so dull. The almost glittery shine in his eyes now indigenous. "I'm doing this for the both of us. Never once have you hurt me and I hope that beside this, I never hurt you as well."

"With how busy you are, we can't spend time together. And I understand that. But with how far we have to stay apart, are we truly happy this way?" You asked. He didn't reply. His eyes just shifted down to the ground.

"If we no longer have to worry about satisfying each other's needs, we'll be happier. You're busy. I'm busy. We can both focus on our work instead of worrying about each other." You said. No was not the time to cry, but you felt your eyes start to water anyways.

"I'm not dumb enough to pretend this is a joke."  Sungjin finally spoke up. His looked back into your eyes, a comforting smile on his lips. "I respect your decision."

You didn't expect him to cry and beg on his knees for you not to leave. But you didn't expect him to be so chill with the announcement.

"I love you too much to watch you suffer." He said, taking your hands. Constant practice for hours on end made his hands rough, but you loved this feeling. This was the last time you'd feel this. Cherish it while it lasts. 

"And Because I Love You So Much, I'll let you go."

~

It was now January 16, 2017. 

You two have both moved on from each other. You're happier now. You found someone new who can treat you like a princess. You couldn't be any happier.

You had just left a successful job interview, heading back to your car on a beautiful Winter Day. Radio on and Car started, a familiar voice started playing on the radio. And you couldn't help but reminisce on the moments you had with him.

"Goodbye"

"Since Yesterday, I"

"You were frozen in me."

"Just Like That."

"Never Let Go. Never Let Go ah."

"Till When"

 "You Were" 

"Forever Within Me."

"Gotta Let Go Gotta Let Go ah."

"You were here."

"Winter Is Gone."

 Happy Birthday Park Sungjin