Chapter 1: Average Day.

☆Jake's Pov☆

"Hey, Jake! Get over here!" Milly called from across the room, I strided my feet over there.

It's been about half a month since I've joined the Music Club, my other friends STILL don't really approve though...

And my feelings for Daisy have increased, I think I can almost ask her out, but I still stop... Because I'm too scared for rejection...

"Hey, yeah, What's up?" I ask, looking her up and down. She flips her hair and looks at me.

"Well, uh, now that you're part of the club, more or less... You wanna hang out with all of us this weekend?" She yelled loudly.

"Uh, I dunno..." I shrug back.

"Oh sorry, we're going to go to the park in the evening, get some ice cream, and sometimes even sing onstage! Sound like fun?"

"Uh, yeah... But, sing onstage?"

"There's a festival every so often that let's us perform, those people at the park hear our work, and we get so many compliments!" Milly bursted with excitement.

"Well, now that I'm here, it has to be good!" I flashed a little smirk, just as Zander was walking by.

"I think we were better before, Jake..." He laughed.

"Hey!" I yelled back. Luke stepped up.

"He's just kidding Jake... He, I mean, we all like having you..." Luke said, before following Zander.

"Oh, thanks Luke!" I called back, he gave a friendly wave.

"So is that a yes?" Milly asked.

"Yeah sure, I was gonna go to Drew's..." I said in thought.

"But, I guess I'll hang out with you guys..."

"Awe, sweet! I'll see you at practice tomorrow then..." Milly replied, grabbing her guitar and walking off.

"Yeah, seeya!" I called back.

That just left Hailey. I turned to her, she was organizing some music sheets.

"Bye Hailey, I'll see you tomorrow!" I waved. She looked at me and smiled.

"See you later, Jake..." .

Time seemed to almost stop, right at her bright smile, I couldn't deny it was pretty.

"Uh, yeah, bye..." I said awkwardly and left.

"Hey there Jake, you ready to go?" Sean asked. He and I lived close, so we started to walk home together.

"Almost, I'll go grab my bag, just hold on..." I replied, turning into my heel. I walked to my locker and opened it.

"Oh! Jake!" I heard a call behind me.

"Yeah, What's up?" I ask, before turning to look at them.

I turn to meet Daisy, every nerve in my body goes whack.

"Oh, I was just going to tell you... That, You're band plays in the park sometimes, and... Just wondering if you'll be there..." she asked.

"Oh, Y-yeah, I will, I mean... We will..." I laugh nervously.

Daisy smiles. "Amazing, I'll make sure to watch you then!" She beams, grabbing my hands and bouncing around happily.

'She's so cute...'

"Oh thanks, You're so k-kind Daisy..." I sigh.

"Anytime, Jake!" She replies and walks off. I put my hand on my heart.

"Can you say dramatic?" I heard Drew say.

"Drew?!" I yell, totally put off guard.

"Yeah, it's me... How's it with you and your music freaks?" He asked, very, ahem, passive-aggressively.

"Oh, it's pretty cool honestly... They think I'm really talented!" I'm reply.

"That's... Great, so you're still coming over this weekend? There's a party coming too, maybe Daisy will be there..."

"Nah, dude... She said she'll be at the park to watch our band perform... I said I'd be there."

"But... I invited you over... Already."

"I know, I'm sorry Drew... But, I think I'll pass this one this time..." I finish, walking off.

"Oh... Yeah sure... Bye..." He mumbles. Slightly disappointed.

I meet up with Sean once more, we talk a little, but he doesn't seem to talk much about home life and things he does outside school.

Sean and I continue walking till we hit a fork in the road, we turn and head our separate ways.

"See you later, Jake..." He calls and waves as a frown spreads across his face.

"Oh, bye!" I call back. I watch him silently sulk back home.

Maybe he's dreaded something?

I walk back home anyways.

I collapse onto my bed and start texting my friends.

♡Hailey's Pov♡

I fumble with the music sheets before sighing. I put my hands over my eyes and groan.

"Why does there always need work to be done?"

I slump back into my chair to think. Suddenly, a student walks inside. I don't recognize him, but he... is really cute...

I get up from my chair in a rush.

"Oh, hey... Is this the music club?" He asked out of amazement.

"Yeah, there's no practice right now... But, you can watch tomorrow..." I reply, getting back to work.

I hear him sigh. "Oh, I was looking to audition, but I guess everyone's gone." He shrugged.

"O-oh, you want to audition... Awesome! What do you play?"

"I play the trumpet!" He yelled excitingly.

He proceeds to pull it out of his case and play a little tune.

"Wow... That's amazing! You could totally join... Uh..."

"Oh, sorry, my name is Tyler..."

[[(I'm seriously reconsidering this name omg)]]

"My name is Hailey..." I responded.

"I know..." He replied. "You're pretty well known..." He laughed.

He flipped his brown hair and waved as he walked away.

"Did I just invite someone without telling the others?" I sigh once more.

I pull out my phone and tell Zander the news, he didn't take it well. I'm dreading his long reprimandment, I guess that's what you get for not thinking.