On The Alert Pt.2

Twilight's POV

Training had never been so extreme before, I struggled hit the multiple moving targets in front of me. Everybody was working hard and everyone was on edge. After I finally finished my target practice I had an obstacle course to do. I glanced over to see my best friend Spike I could see the many  beads of sweat all over him and he tried to make bigger blast of flames everytime he roared.

I couldn't help but crack a smile, I had known Spike since he was little, he was like a little brother, it was strange to see him working so passionately. He noticed my stare and waved, I chuckled and waved back, I turned my attention back to the course I was about to run, I tied my hair back in a ponytail and did some stretches, I returned to stoic expression of before took a deep breath and started, my speed was good but not good enough I needed to improve on that, I slid under a beam and then vaulted my self over the next.

I was face with a tall wall to climb, it looked daunting but I had been practicing all day for this moment. I used my magic and my wings started to grow. I soared above the wall in a matter of seconds and made it to the end. I check my watch I had done it in 6.23 seconds. Not good enough, but ok for a start. I suddenly felt all riled up and determined. Everyone around me was good in the speed department, I was still working on my wings.

I did the course over and over and over again.

"Don't overwork your wings Twi!" Spike called "You may get a cramp mid air and trust me it ain't fun"

I ignored Spikes warning and continued flying trying to go higher and higher each time.

I breathed in the air around me, I could see everything up hear.

"Hey Twilight" Somepony called. I floated closer to the ground, to get a better look at who was talking to me. Before I touched the ground however, my wings seemed to buckle, I wobbled awkwardly in the air and had some what of a rough landing, I managed to land on my feet with one wing fully functional.

"TWILIGHT!"I whipped around and Spike is tearing towards me. "I told you to be careful"

I bowed my head pouted then huffed, "You know I hatched you right, you should watch your tone young man."

Spike sighed and facepalm. " Twi you4 barely 2 years older than me"

"Looks like your getting at landing on your feet, looks like you wont need me to catch you anymore" Somebody chuckled.

I didnt even want to turn around, my face struggled to find an expression that fitted my emotions, Spike, whom I was still facing shot me a confused look my face started to redden and he mouthed "Are you ok?"

I nodded and tried to regain composure, trying as much as possible to be completely reticent of my true feelings.

"Yes I am, since I'm not in any immediate danger of falling, what's your excuse for bumping into me this time"

Flash let out a hearty laugh and grinned "Spike asked me to keep an eye on you" he answered

I didnt know whether to thank or scold Spike and this point.

"Well I assure I can take care of myself" I huffed flipping my hair.

He shrugged and chuckled some more. What was so dang funny?!

"Um Flash" someone cooed sweetly. The voice belonged to no other than Fluttershy.

Flash turned to her and scratched his neck, "Oh sorry Fluttershy, we can continue practice now."

"Practice?" Spike asked.

"Oh I'm helping Fluttershy strengthen her wings, shes doing really well!" Flash beamed.