1: Accident Waiting to Happen

1: Accident waiting to happen

NIALL

I pace around the hospital room and impatiently wait for information on the unknown Samantha and Anne. I mean what else would I be doing after crashing into their car.

"Niall! Calm down!" Liam yells at me from his seat on the edge of the bed, where he's being treated for a few minor cuts. I glare at him and throw down the rag I was holding above my eye. It comes away stained red but I don't care. "Liam!!! How can you tell me to calm down when I crashed a car into two random girls whom I know nothing about?!?!?! I don't even know if they will have family to help take care of them if they need it. And you tell me to calm down?!" I shout.

Oh my gosh. How could I let this happen?! I'm such an idiot. Although I know the lads will say it's not my fault it still is. I was driving. I was behind the wheel when we crashed. As far as I know both girls are injured. Well more injured than we are. Their car came out of nowhere. Although I guess it was just an accident waiting to happen. I should have been paying more attention. I was too busy laughing at Louis and Harry for flirting with each other continuously as they had been for the past hour before. And I mean serious flirting. I swear sometimes they are gay. And that happened to be what I was saying when we crashed. Now here we are sitting In a hospital waiting on some news on those two girls.

Liam and I got the worst of the crash out of the five of us. Since I was driving and Liam was sitting in the passenger seat the glass of the windshield shattered all over the both of us. That's really all that happened to us. I mean we're all shaken up a bit and I think maybe my shoulder is bruised from the seat belt. But from the looks of it that's going on with the other lads as well. Liam is continuously rubbing his shoulder and Harry and Louis seem a little uncomfortable. Zayn is just...well Zayn. He seems absolutely fine. But I still don't know what's going on with the girls.

I sigh and turn towards the door as a doctor walks in.

"Okay boys. Samantha should be waking up soon. But well...I don't know how to say this but...well. We're very sorry to say that...Anne was found...barley alive at the scene...and well she died on the way here."

My mouth falls open at his words. Anne is dead. "Wait...what?! She's...dead?!" The words come out before I can stop them. The doctor just nods slowly then turns and walks away but not before saying "Samantha should be waking up soon you might want to be there...or not. I don't know some of these girls can get pretty violent."

As soon as the doctor leaves, I fall to the floor of the hospital room. The tears start to fall as it fully sinks in. The only thing the boys can do is sit and hug me. But even that can't bring back Anne. The girl who is now dead because of me.

You may be wondering why I'm crying when I've never even met her. Well that's because I'm thinking about all the things she might have had planned. I mean this was a person. She has friends who're going to miss her. Family members who will be devastated. I don't even know a thing about her. Was she a dancer? Did she like to sing? What were her dreams for the future? Did she want to become a doctor or a lawyer or...what? I feel horrible because now I know I'll have to go and face Sam. Another girl I've never met. She could be violent or just sweet and innocent. She could try to attack me or just break down and cry. I don't know what either of these girls are like. And sadly I'll never get to meet Anne. I'll never get to see a smile from her, or a laugh or...well anything. Her future had barley started and now it's all torn away...because of me. I took this girls future from her. I took the happiness from her friends and family. I mean it is after all my fault. She could have been a fan. And now she got to meet us...technically. But this isn't the way it should be happening. If these girls were going to meet us it should be a happy day. We could be laughing and singing and...well being stupid right now if we were to meet like normal people. But no. Here we are sitting in a hospital late at night waiting to see a girl we don't know and tell her her best friend's dead. Great. Just great.