4

A couple of days later, we got invited to a party. I don't remember why and what we were celebrating but the whole class was there. It was at this guy's house, probably one of the biggest houses i've ever seen. It had a pool inside AND outside, a freaking bar and two kitchens.

I came in a little later, so the party was already on. People were dancing and blasting music. Purple, blue and pink lights shined and flashed everywhere. I was trying to find you. You told we you were already in, so i decided to look for you. You were sitting on this white leather sofa putting your arm around Heather's shoulder while she held your other hand. My jealousy went through the roof. And it got even worse: She was wearing your sweater, the one you were asking me for. Heather was that 'something' you needed it for.

"Heyyy!!"-You said stretching you arm and holding my hand.
Heather turned around and smiled at me. She is perfect, i see why you wanted to be with her, she's everything i'm not.
"How are you doing?"- You asked just for conversation. We had to talk a little loud because the music was blasting right in front of our ears.
"I'm alright." I'm going to get a drink, ok?"- I said then left and got Dr. Pepper. I thought it would be nice if i brought something to give you and Heather. I got you guys a Dr. Pepper too.
I walked back to the couch and there you were: Kissing Heather. The music muffled as if my ears got covered for a second. My universe stopped. I had this physical pain on my chest. I started tearing up. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do.

When you stopped kissing her, you turned around and saw me. You saw the pain in my eyes. I left the cans back on the table and walked away quickly. You jumped off the couch and ran towards me. You grabbed my arm aggressively and pulled me towards you.
"What the fuck is up with you lately?.. huh?"- You asked me.
"You're asking me? You're the one who has been avoiding this conversation for over a week."- I said.
"What do you mean: 'this conversation'?"- he asked me.
"Why would you do that?"- I yelled
"Why would i do what?"- You asked.
"Why would you EVER kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. And then go around acting like it never happened"- I yelled at you while sobbing.
"i'm.."- You tried saying
"You gave her your sweater."- I continued.
"It's just polyester!"- You told me.
"Yes, but you like her better."- I said.
I started breathing heavily.
We stared into each other's eyes for about three seconds. I had an urge to push your lips against mine, but you broke my heart.