Something Strange Happened Last Night

Harry heard a knock on his door around three in the afternoon. He supposed it was about time he started his day anyway.

He opened the door to find Niall with two coffees in his hand. "Hey. I've been trying to get a hold of you." He let himself into Harry's dorm. "I've been dying to tell you about last night."

Harry hadn't been necessarily ignoring him, he'd just needed some time to figure out whether he was crazy or not. He was sure he hadn't imagined it last night. He didn't know what it exactly was but he had never felt that way ever.

"Okay, so I totally want to hear about your night but I just have to get this off my chest." Niall set the drinks down on his desk in between his and roommates bed.

The worry lines on his forehead were prominent and he fiddled with his bottom lip as he searched for a way to say what he needed to say. "Something strange happened last night." He started.

Harry perked up. Was it possible that whatever happened to him last night happened to Niall too? I mean Louis and Zayn were friends. "So, obviously I invited the guy back to my dorm. We had fun. We hooked up. Everything was going great." Harry crossed the possibility off his list with a slump of his shoulders. "And then it happened."

"What?" Was he supposed to have any idea what the blonde boy was talking about?

"Well, it's embarrassing. This has never happened to me before." Niall scratched at the back of his head.

Harry had enough of that to go around too. He hardly ever hooked up, but he had never been sent home before the other person even finished. Harry was sort of glad he had the strange phenomena on his brain to distract him from the mortifying truth; he was a lousy hookup. "I'm sure whatever it was can't come close to my humiliating night."

"I...cried." He admitted softly. "Like after we finished I just started to tear up and then it all just came out. It was just...weird." He shuddered.

Whatever Harry was expecting, it was far from this. "You cried? You cried." He thought it over. "That's not that weird. What was on your mind?" He sat back down on his bed as his friend leaned against his desk.

"What was on my mind? 'Wow that was a great lay' 'I'm kind of hungry' and then boom! I started crying."

"I don't...I don't really know what that means." Harry wished he was more help.

Niall widened his eyes and let out a dismissive sigh. "On that cheery note, how was your night?" He took a sip of his drink and handed the other to Harry. "Did you go through with it this time?"

"I really don't know what to say about it, Ni." He twisted the plastic lid of his cup while he pondered where to start. "I've never experienced anything like this."

"Oh god, sounds juicy. Why'd you let me drone on about my overactive tear ducts?" He shifted his whole body onto the desk so he was seated now.

"No, I mean...it's weird. Like weird weird." He knew words couldn't do his night justice. "I went to his place, reluctantly." He started. "He told me his place may be a little off-putting. That he was into 'occult studies?'" Harry thought back to the eclectic house. "His room was filled with all kinds of witchy stuff you know? Plants everywhere, jars, crystals, candles. I mean I know that people here are into that stuff but I had never seen anything like this."

"Woah. Sounds freaky." Niall had an amused grin.

"I mean I was a little freaked out at first but I put it out of my head, at least I think I did..." Harry had to wonder if the sight of that stuff made him paranoid. "He lit a bunch of candles and turned out the lights. It was actually kind of romantic." He felt himself blushing. He wished the night had gone differently and that he had more time with Louis.