He's Sick at Work (Louis)

"Lou stop being dramatic," you begged your boyfriend. Louis had been complaining of a stomach ache all day, but you just thought that maybe he was just tired or was making excuses to get out of helping you around the house, or both.

"But my tummy hurts," Louis whined once more. You rolled your eyes.

"Fine. Why don't you go upstairs to bed then and I'll finish leaning up down here?" You still didn't believe that Louis was actually that sick, but he gratefully followed this instruction and headed up to your room, though it was still quite early in the evening. It was only like 6:30 truthfully.

Once you finished straightening up the living room, you sat down on the sofa and clicked on the television to watch your favorite show for a bit. After about an hour, you went upstairs to go and get yourself ready for bed.

When you entered your bedroom, you found Louis all curled up under the blankets sound asleep. You went over to him and felt his forehead. He was a little warm, but again you didn't really think much of it.

You then got yourself ready for sleeping and climbed into bed next to him. "Night," you said. No response came from your boyfriend. "Dang, he really must be tired," you thought to yourself. You shrugged, however, and soon feel right asleep nest to him.

~~~~~

You were first to wake up that Monday morning, which was unusual since Lou would normally be up well before you. "Lou." You shook him awake.

"Stop," he moaned.

You giggled. "Time to get up you sleepy head."

"No," he whined.

"Come on now. Get up." 

"But my stomach hurts," Louis protested.

"Come on babe. It can't be that bad. Now get up." You shook him once more.

"Mmm". Louis rolled out of bed and walked over to the small dresser the two of you shared. He pulled a clean pair of sweats out of the drawer.

"You can't wear those to work babe." Louis humphed at this and threw them back in the drawer. He then pulled a pair of jeans out of the drawer and went to find a sweater to wear them with.

~~~~~

"Hurry up babe. You're gonna be late," you called from the kitchen. Louis stumbled down the stairs and wondered into the kitchen. "Want anything?" you asked him as you scooped some home fries onto your plate next to a piece of toast you had just made. Louis shook his head and gagged a little.

You chuckled. "Aww, come on. My cooking can't be that bad."

"No, it's just-"

"It's fine baby. I'm just teasing you," you reassured him, still unaware that he was actually beginning to come down with something. "Why don't you at least sit with me?"

"Fine." Louis humphed.

When you had finished eating, you stood up and went to grab your keys (you always drove him to work on Mondays, since you liked run errands those mornings). Louis hesitantly followed you out to your car. The entire car ride over to the studio, he was absolutely silent. He did not say a word.

"Babe, no. I can't do this," Louis whined as you tried to get him to go inside.

"Why baby? I don't see what the problem is."

"I don't feel good! Why won't you believe me?!"

"Go inside!"

"Fine," Louis snapped again.

"Have a good day!" you shouted as he trudged inside the studio.

After watching him fully disappear out of your sight, you drove away, heading off to take care of those errands you needed to get done.

~~~~~

When you got home with your new groceries, you set down your phone and purse on the small coffee table. You then headed back outside to bring in and put away them all.

Once finished with this, you walked into the living room, grabbed your phone off of the coffee table, plopped down on the couch, and started scrolling through your messages. Right as you did this, a message popped up from Zayn.

Y= you    Z= Zayn

Z: Hey y/n, is there any way you can come down to the studio?

Y: Sure! What's up?

Z: It's Louis.

Z: typing

Y: What is it? Is everything okay?!

Z: Well if you would let me finish typing I could tell you.

Y: Sorry.

Z: Your boyfriend just got sick everywhere. Can you come get him?

Y: I'll be there ASAP!

Z: Thanks.

As you put your phone away, you felt a little pang in your chest. You felt so guilty for not believing him earlier when he told you he didn't feel well.

Anyways, you hopped off the couch, threw on some flip-flops, and headed out the door, your keys in hand.

When you pulled up to the studio, you hurriedly rushed inside of the studio. Upon entering, you were greeted by a displeased Zayn. "I'm so sorry. This won't happen again. I really should have believed him. I'm sorry!"

As you said all these things, Zayn just stood there with his arms crossed not even budging. "Mmm hmm," he said eyeing you up and down. "Follow me," he said after a minute.

You ended up following him down a long hall and into a small room at the end of it. There you found the boys, who all sat around Louis. Louis was wearing a Midnight Memories hoodie along with a pair of sweats, a different outfit than what he had gone to work in that morning.

"Hey baby," you said sweetly as you approached him. You got down on his level. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you". Louis sort of rolled his eyes at this.

"Let's go home. Alright?"

"Well I've been wanting to go home this whole time." Though he was obviously ill, your boyfriend was still as sassy as always. You smiled. "Okay let's go."

You then helped your boyfriend, who smelled a tad bit like puke, stand back on his feet and walk out to the car after thanking the rest of the boys.

"I'm sorry," you remarked again on the way back to your flat. Louis remained silent like he always did when he was upset with you and you knew it would be this way for the next few days or so.

Once back at the house, you sent Louis up for a shower and then came to check on him later, only to find that he had fallen asleep in your bed. You proceeded to climb in with him and fell asleep.

~~~~~

After about a few more days, Louis was back to the normal sass masta from Doncasta (a/n sorry, I just had to!) like he always was. However, one morning, about a week later, you found yourself in the ensuite, on your knees in front of the toilet, getting sick yourself.

"Serves you right!" Louis said watching you in the doorway.

"I guess so," you laughed.

~~~~~

Haha, I was living for this sassy Zayn here.

Anyways, don't worry! Liam's is coming next, which should wrap up the "he's sick at work" series along with more stories and requests also coming soon. Remember, if you have a request, I would prefer that you leave it under the first chapter labeled "Intro and Requests" or, again, feel free to dm me any that you might have.