Lulu's Husband

It was a week and a half later when I met Lulu's husband. It was his day off and the day off the monthly family dinner. The others seemed pretty excited about it when we left for school that morning. The husband's day off was always the last Friday of the month.

"What do you think he'll give us this time?" JessaBella asked as we walked. I looked up at Natalie who was holding my hand tightly. She grinned.

"Probably nothing big. I mean he did bring the phones last time so it will probably just be a toy or some candy this time. Might be something special though, it is Daser and Cia's first dinner after all." Natalie stated, squeezing my hand and looking back to watch Daser who was walking with Bobby behind us.

"Maybe he'll give us a group gift. Like a playstation or something..." Louisa said from her spot beside Tim.

"That would be pretty Epic!" Phil exclaimed from Tim's other side. Tim merely smiled and shrugged as we reached the school and split up to our classes.

The day passed quicker than usual and we all hurried home to find Lulu and a man sitting on the sofa watching a movie. When they heard the door open they spun around and the Man grinned and stood up with open arms. Everyone except Daser and I ran to him and hugged him tightly. When they let go he came over and put a hand on Daser and I's shoulders.

"Hey kiddos!" He said happily with a large grin. He pushed a lock of hair behind my ear and ruffled Daser's hair with a gentle hand. He pulled the two of us into a loving tight hug squeezing us lightly.

"Hello" I whispered lightly. Daser echoed the sentiment as the man let us go and turned around to drape his arms over our shoulders.

"You can call me pops kiddo's. The others do." Pops said letting us go and walking forward and picking up a large duffle bag and putting it on the table. The others bearded around him and Daser and I followed to see what was happening. I felt hands on my shoulders and flinched lightly when I realized it was Lulu. I was thankful to see she didn't notice.

From the duffle bag Pops pulled out a playstation 2 and a television. There was a chorus of thank yous from all of us before Lulu sent us off to set up the playstation and the television in one of our rooms. Not before Pops gave us like 50 different games we could play.

We set it up in Natalie and I's room and then we split up to get changed for dinner. I was wearing a little black dress that Mama bought me months ago. We sat around the dining room table and ate spaghetti as we made polite conversation. Pops (I felt weird calling him that) worked at this big expensive company and spent almost everything he earned on us.

After we finished eating and cleaning up we all gathered around the TV to watch a movie. I was sat on the ground between Louisa and Phil as we watched Spy Kids. We watched the movie in silence and when it ended Pops took Phil, Louisa and I up to bed. He made sure we brushed our teeth and get changed before putting Phil and Louisa to bed. He then came into my room with a cup of water which he placed on my nightstand and put my allowance in the drawer before tucking me in and kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight little Lacia. Stay safe." He whispered before turning off the light and leaving. He was nice...