Chapter 2 - Sick

Anabel Reid was 6  years old now, and she was very much a daddy's girl. The night before, she'd started getting sick and had requested to stay in her dad's room. Spencer wakes up, showers and gets dressed for work. "Morning, baby. I made some pancakes. Feel like you can eat?" Spencer asked grabbing the thermometer from the bedside table to check her temperature. She shook her head no. Luckily, her fever had came down since last night. "Look at that, no fever." Spencer said excitedly. "Does that mean I have to go to school?" Ana questions. "No, no. I'm going to bring you to work with me." Spencer said softly. Still in her unicorn pajamas, Spencer saw no real reason to make his poor sick little girl change, they made their way to the bau. 

Spencer first explained to Hotch why he had to bring her in before going to the kitchenette area and grabbing a Powerade to give her. "Drink this, Sweetie." He said. "I don't wanna." Ana whined, the exact same issue they'd faced when he had to give her medicine last night. "You have to. Since you can't eat, you've vomited and just being sick in general you need the electrolytes in this drink. It will make you get better faster, okay? And it's Berry flavored, you like Berry." Spencer explains crouching next to her as she's sitting in his desk chair. She nods. She wears her headphones and plays on her tablet while the team discusses cases, eventually starting to feel a little better. Soon she's sound asleep in Spencer's lap as he struggles to finish paperwork without waking her. "You can put her down in my office if that helps." Rossi suggests with a small chuckle. "Thanks." Spencer said, struggling even more so, he lifts her and carries her towards the office laying her on the leather sofa. She stirs awake, "Daddy?" Ana says sleepily. "Shh, get some sleep, baby. Daddy's gonna be right outside and I'll be in to check in on you in a few." Spencer responds sweetly, and she drifts back off to sleep. Spencer heads back to the bullpen, "She's so pitiful." JJ said referring to Anabel and Derek and Penelope nod in agreement, "I know it's just a little 24 hour bug but I hate seeing her like that." Spencer nods taking a seat at his desk. "She seems to be sleeping pretty peacefully at least." Emily commented. "Yeah, She didn't get a lot of rest last night." Spencer sighed. He turns back to his paperwork trying his best to focus on getting it done rather than worrying about Ana for no reason, he logically knew that a child her age caught plenty of these every year and he's seen her sick plenty of times but he never stops feeling that bit of worry. Eventually he gets up from the desk and heads back into the office to check on her as promised. She starts to wake up, "Is it time for us to go home, Daddy?" Ana asks him rubbing her eyes. "Yes, baby. How are you feeling?" Spencer responds softly. "Better. I'm hungry. Can I get those pancakes now?" She says with a soft smile. "You sure can" Spencer said placing a kiss on her head. "And you'll read to me?" Ana asked. "Of course, anything for my Ana Banana." He smiled back at her as the silly nickname made her burst into giggles. He meant it though, she was his entire world and he would do anything for her.