Episode 11

-------------------------------------------------------

Wilmer woke up early that morning after a rough night's sleep, he hadn't slept well since he found out his girlfriend had gone missing. He flings his legs over the side of the bed rubbing his eyes gently before standing up slipping on any random pair of clothes, he had booked a week off work just in case Demi were to come home. He just wanted to know where she was. He wonders into the living room of his apartment grabbing his car keys about to walk through the door when two police officers meet him before he could leave the apartment.

"You found Demi?" Wilmer questions impatient.

"No but could we ask a couple of questions?" Kenny the male officer questions Wilmer sighs nodding his head holding the door open for them to enter. He leads them through into the living room offering them a seat and a drink but they declined hoping not to stay too long.

"What can I help you with?" Wilmer questions again.

"Do you recognise the name Joe Jonas from anywhere?" Lucie the female officer inquires Wilmer thinking before answering the question, he wanted to make sure that he was answering the question as honestly as he could.

"Nope, why? Has he taken my girlfriend?" Wilmer demands to know.

"We're not sure but his family have filed a missing report for him too, they haven't seen him since roughly the same time anyone saw Demi so we were just checking things out." Lucie explains Wilmer sighing nodding his head gently.

"No I don't recognise his name, not even his last name, what do you know about his disappearance?."  Wilmer inquires.

"Just that he went missing around the same time under the same circumstances as Demi did." Kenny explains again Wilmer nodding his head. The officers thank him before he shows them out picking his keys up again so he could get out of his apartment for a bit. He found himself looking around town most days in hope that Demi was there. Hearing a guy's name was making him start to wonder whether Demi had left him for another guy but he was trying to convince himself different. He still doesn't think that he knew the name from anywhere even thinking back at school he didn't remember.

Wilmer entered Demi's house making sure her key she gave him was back in his pocket before closing the door behind him. This would be the first time Wilmer has been to Demi's house since he knew that she wasn't home. He thought it was strange that nobody had broken in, didn't look as if a crime was committed yet his girlfriend wasn't here. That was the main reason he thought maybe she had ran away with another guy but even then it didn't make sense cause all of her clothes were still here and some precious belongings Wilmer knew were here because of when he was questioned by the police. He just wanted her home in his arms.

"Where are you?" Wilmer mumbles looking up at a picture of Demi hung on the wall. He sighs when he didn't hear a response but he knew he would. Wilmer found himself wondering around the house, mainly the downstairs area throwing a couple of things out the fridge which he knew would go off. She certainly didn't plan leaving in such a rush. He planned to take out her rubbish and do a couple of chores for her, make the house clean ready for when she returned home. If she ever did. Wilmer makes his way up the stairs wondering into the bathroom checking whether her toiletries were still there which they were. He then makes his way into her bedroom which he had stayed in plenty of times before noticing straight away a box wrapped up on her bed. He picks it up in his hands reading the label

'To Wilmer,

Happy birthday,

Love Demi'

He opened the box his eyebrow raised when he looked at the picture it fluttering to the bed when he realised what it was. He was becoming a father after a year of trying.

--------------------------------------------------------