Chapter 1 - A Mini Reid

Spencer Reid had always been great with kids, he was the godfather to both of JJ's boys as well as Derek's son and was also pretty close with Jack. When he finally had a baby of his on he felt complete, this little girl meant everything to him from the moment she was born. Sadly, not too long after birth her mother Maeve was killed. It was a very difficult thing for Spencer to cope with but he did, for his daughter's sake. Now she was five years old. Anabel Diana Reid. Ana for short. Spencer had named her Anabel after the poem 'Anabel Lee' By Edgar Allan Poe and Diana was of course after his own mother. Anabel bared a strong resemblance to her father and was incredibly intelligent for her age. Penelope had often called her 'The baby genius' and that's sort of exactly what she was. After a long case, Penelope was watching over Anabel out in the bullpen near Spencer's desk waiting on the rest of the team who had just landed to arrive. Penelope was really good with all of the kids too and when the team was away and someone couldn't find a trusted babysitter or needed her to for any reason she would always look after them. Anabel loved Penelope, her colorful style and personality. They all came in as Penelope was reading her the story of Goldilocks and the three bears. "And then she tasted the last bowl of porridge. 'Ahh this porridge is just right' she said and she happily ate it all, After she'd eaten the three bears' breakfast...-" Penelope read. "Um that's not possible, Aunt Pen." Ana said shaking her head with a confused expression on her face. "What?" Penelope asked in shock, the others joined her in looking at Anabel waiting on a response. "The typical diet of a bear is mainly that of an omnivore. They eat other animals, plants, berries and insects. There is no way even if a bear would eat porridge that they could make it being that they have no way to get the right oats nor do bears live in human houses and cook or anything, silly goose." Anabel said matter of factly. The team stares at her, their jaws practically on the floor and Penelope had no clue what to say. Spencer smiled brightly, beaming with pride. "That's right, Ana!" Spencer said excitedly picking her up and spinning her around. Ana giggled at her Dad's silliness and at being spun around. "I missed you, Daddy." Ana said smiling. "I missed you too, but it looks like you had fun with Aunt Penelope." Spencer said noticing the empty ice cream containers in the kitchenette area and making mental note to kill Garcia later for pumping his child full of sugar. "She really is you, pretty boy." Derek said in awe. "I never thought there could be two..." Emily added in with a small chuckle. "Lets go home, Ana." Spencer smiled softly booping her little nose to make her giggle again. That sound gave him so much joy, so much pride, so much hope. All the tragic things he constantly had to see in the world was completely drowned out by his little girl's laugh.