two

"Minjun, get up

"Minjun, get up." she barged into his room for the third time in the half past hour, her toothbrush still in her mouth.

The groggy boy flipped over in his bed again, snuggling up into the blanket.

"Five more minutes." he slurred.

Irritated at this point, she snatched the covers off of him, turning on his overhead lights.

"We're gonna be late, we have to leave in ten minutes." she hissed in annoyance, storming back into her restroom.

After she rinsed out the toothpaste from her mouth, she looked up in the mirror, examining her look.

Luckily, she had gotten a decent amount of sleep the night before, making her eyebags a lot less prominent. Her medium length black hair fell right above her chest where the warm denim jacket was clothed. She was snuggled up into warm layers, seeming that Seoul was a lot chillier than Jaegu. She also applied light makeup, hoping to make a good impression on her first day.

Hesitantly, she looked at the colored contacts sitting on her restroom counter, contemplating her next actions.

It's better than everyone questioning why your eyes are purple.

Quickly, she applied the lenses that were tinted a foxy shade of burnt orange, changing her whole appearance. Her eyes blinked harshly at first, but eventually adjusted to the discomfort.

"Minjun, we have to go!" she yelled as she ran downstairs with her bag, taking her keys off of the rack. Before putting on her shoes, she took the prescription tube from the medicine cabinet, popping one tablet into her mouth and dry swallowing it.

"Good luck on your first day, Minseo!" a female voice rang from the stove.

Awkwardly, she smiled back. "Thanks." she mumbled. Despite living with her stepmom since Minjun was born, she still felt awkward regardless of her kind efforts.

A tired boy came down the stairs in a large hoodie and sweats, not caring about his appearance.

"Did you even brush your teeth?" Minseo questioned, watching him lazily drag himself to the front door.

"Mouthwash and gum." he smirked, making her face scrunch up in disgust.

I hate teenage boys, she thought to herself.

Minseo started the car engine, googling where the nearest gas station to the school was. Minjun was dozed off in the front seat, hogging all of the heater from his sister.

Letting out a big yawn, she began on route, turning on her phone to play music on the aux.

"This dude is trash." Minjun grumbled, hearing the same discography she listened to over and over.