3

'Where... where am I?'

Maxie jerked awake with a start when he heard the words being spoken. He stared down at his patient, an immense wave of relief coursing through his body. Archie was alive! And from the looks of things, he was on his way to making a full recovery.

'You are in team magma's main base ' Maxie told him. 'I found you last night, floatingg unconscious and nearly dead in the shallow water . I pulled you out and let you stay here for the night. My team of medics treated you so you should be well soon.'

'you.. wait why are YOU helping me ! you could of killed me and team aqua would be over and done . you had your chance and you .. why ?' archie asked with curiosity and hope burning in his eyes.

'n.. no reason ok ! and dont question me about that EVER again..' maxie stutterd. Archie looked deep into his crimson eyes and smirked. 'something your not telling me max ?' ...SLAP. Maxies hand swiped across archies face , leaving him with a faint red mark. He quickly pulled his hand back and tensed back . 'im sorry .. i just..' .. maxie sighed . 'its fine , i know youve been waiting forever to do that 'Archie laughed rubbing his face.

thank Arceus he took it as a joke.

'so urm.. ' maxie mutterd , try to change the subject ' how did you end up in the state you were yesterday ? trying to wrestle with more whales ?'maxie let out a small smile. Archie crumpled his face . 'urm..oh yeah ! i was going out for a walk to clear my mind , after the argument i had with ..shelly . When before i know it frantic screaming was everywhere and i was surrounded by hordes of zubat.I tried to run but they had me in a helpless position. one by one they flew up to me and used x-scissor , slicing my clothes and eventually my skin until i couldent take no more and i blacked out..' archie sighed.' dont think im weak just becuase zubats beat me ! i could of easilly beat them if it wasnt in the middle of the night. All of them at once !'
Maxie smiled at him, taking no notice of his rediculous boast.'The stars must shine favourably on you. To live through such an ordeal... that is more than mere luck.' It was more than luck, too, that Archie had wound up in team magma base and Maxie had found him. Now that they two were together, it felt almost like fate had lent a hand. Archie was meant to be here, and Maxie was meant to have found him. Why, Maxie did not know. But it felt so certain.

It also did not hurt that Archie was one of the most beautiful individuals Maxie had ever seen. His messy ,dark hair contrasted with his glassy , saphire eyes . And his sculpted body, half-hidden by cloths and bandages was a further attraction. Maxie could hardly suppress his blushing cheeks every time he looked at him. But he kept his feelings under controll. Archie had just barely survived a nearly fatal encounter. Now was not the time for romance. But if maxie kept denying and hiding his feelings all the time when would it be ?