~•∆CHAPTER 1∆•~

Breakfast at Tiffany's

•°•°•°•

Cori was pacing in the little basement of hers. Should she really be spying for that A person? Or was it a silly prank? Her train of thought was lost when she heard the doorbell ring. It would be Spencer, she thought. Just as she was about to go to open the door she noticed that the book which she had left facing up was now, on the table, but facing down.

That meant someone had been here. She let it go, thinking that it might have been Maya or her mother trying to find something of theirs. She went up and spotted that the house was empty. So she took the keys and headed out with Spencer as she locked the door.

"God, it's so weird being up on that porch after a year," Spencer told her.

"So, where do you want to go?" Cori asked, trying to lighten Spencer's mood.

"I know a place."

•°•°•°•

They were just looking at the clothes and discussing books when another blonde came towards them. Hanna Marin, she recognized. One of the girls she needed to spy on if she didn't want to go home. Hanna approaches Spencer.

"I cannot believe Spencer Hastings actually has time to shop. I mean, you're interning for the mayor, taking classes at Hollis, and redoing the barn. And in your leisure moments, you facebook and tweet," Hanna said in a sarcastic tone.

"You know me. I like to stay busy," Spencer replied.

"So, you are a new face around here," Hanna said pointing at Cori.

"Cori Gaston, and you would be?" Cori asked, despite knowing the answer.

"I'm Hanna Marin-" she takes a pause in between before speaking again, "Hey, aren't you the one staying at the Dilaurentis house?"

"Yeah, that would be me. Guess words travel around fast here, huh?" Cori said with a smile.

"Yeah kind of a small town. It's called a summer vacay, Spence.," Hanna told Spencer as Spencer was hastily looking through the clothes.

"You spent your sunning and shopping," Spencer said, as if she was used to these comments about her intellectual capabilities.

"Tweet-tweet," was all Hanna replied.

"I'm gonna look over in that rack," Cori told the girls, feeling that they needed some privacy.

"Did you see the paper today?" Spencer asked Hanna in a low voice, but Cori could hear them perfectly. Cori had turned on the live listen mode on her phone and left the phone in Spencer's bag.

Cori silently put on the headphones as she started to move farther away from them, so that they don't really take the hint.

"Yeah." was all Hanna replied again. Cori guessed that they were talking about the Alison girl.

"She's gone, but she's everywhere."

"I can't believe it's been a year," Hanna exclaimed.

"Do you remember what Ali said that night, about our secrets keeping us close? I think it was the opposite," Cori heard Spencer say. She could see that Hanna clearly didn't want to talk about it.