~•∆Prologue∆•~

Corinthia stepped out of the bus after she thanked the driver. Welcome to Rosewood. The sign in front of her read. A new town, a new start, Cori thought. She took a cab to the place to where she had decided to stay. 

She reached after an hour. She stood on the porch for a while and then finally decided to ring the bell. She ringed it twice and then stepped back, brushing her blonde hair behind her ears. She made herself presentable by smoothening her skirt and slightly wrinkled sweater. 

There were heavy steps on the floor and then the door swung open. The blonde looked at the brunette for a while before regaining her thoughts. "Hi, I am Cori Gaston. I had-" she started but was interrupted by the girl. 

"- had called for staying in the basement area, yeah I remember. I'm Maya St Germain." Maya said. "You need any help with the luggage?" she questioned.

"Um, yes actually, help would be good. My arms are paining, having to carry all of this stuff," Cori said as she gestured towards her bags. 

"So, what's the deal?" Maya asked, hoping to get more from the blonde in front of her. She looked posh enough, Maya had thought. Not someone who would have wanted to live in the basement. Her skirt screamed sophistication and yet it was simply black. 

"Uh, I moved out actually, from my folks' place. Later figured that I had nowhere to stay," she said. Her tone was definitely sketchy but convincible enough. Maya helped her to carry her stuff to the basement. 

After they were done Maya asked her a few more questions. Cori answered every one of them, stating half-truth only. When Cori was bored of answering the continuous nagging from Maya, she excused herself by saying that she was tired because of the journey. 

•°•°•°•

The next morning

Cori got up a little early so that she would have easy access to the common bathroom. After she was all dressed up, she left the house for a run. She went to the nearest park for the jog.

Cori ran a few minutes and felt as if someone was following her. She looked back to see who it was but spotted no one. Her phone beeped, indicating a text message. She stopped running to check the message. Just in case it was from someone important.

"Now now what do we have here,
A little detective hiding from her folks,
We wouldn't want to go back home, would we?"

Kisses
-A

Her eyes widened as she read the message. She started sweating a lot. Suddenly everything around her started feeling strange and creepy. Her palms were sweaty already, but now she her phone dropped from her hands. She couldn't risk being found again.

She didn't want to go to that he'll hole again. If given a choice she would love to avoid it till she was dead. And now after she had ran, she had taken so much care that they won't find out where she was. Yet somehow somebody knows who she actually is.

"Hey," the girl with chocolate brown hair and same eyes looked at her in concern. To Spencer she looked as if she had seen a ghost.

Cori jumped at the sound. She backed away a few steps before looking up and finding an unfamiliar face.

"I'm Spencer Hastings, you dropped your phone, here," Spencer said as she picked up her phone and thrust her hand towards the afraid blonde.