In X Her X Memory

'italics' means thoughts of a person or an animal or tree, also used for emphasising. Animals and trees don't necessarily talk, but can be understood by Sayomi as she only translates them.  

"Normal" writing is obviously for normal writing.  

'Bold italics' is when a person with blood lust, or something really dark is spoken. It just heightens tension.  

*insert japanese word* - a japanese word that has a meaning which will appear as an *asterisked word* that will contain the meaning of it.  

X • X • X 

-----Chapter 9: In X Her X Memory

          Sayomi was walking around aimlessly and tiredly in the forest at precisely five in the morning. It was because the bear-cat she was leaning on and all the other creatures around her had been startled by the sound of a distant scream of agony from afar. Sayomi did plan to wake up early in the morning, but not too early like currently. She walked around with Isha who had been with her the whole time, and also flying in the sky to scout out the area for Sayomi. When Isha returned to Sayomi's shoulder, she reported back like a soldier in duty.  

'We're about to enter the forest of the very tall trees, so be cautious.' Isha informed, 'I see two more humans, but nothing you should be concerned about.'  

"I see, that's good then. Good work, Isha." Sayomi said monotonously.  

'Sayomi, how about we take a stop? You look tired.' Isha suggested.  

"Why do you need to act like you're my mother?" Sayomi hissed, "I don't need you nagging me around. I'm completely fine."  

'From what I see, you are clearly not!' Isha squawked at Sayomi, flapping her wings at her face to force her to stop. Sayomi let out a frustrated grunt as she shielded her face from the falling feathers. Isha flew in front of her face.  

'You stay still,' Isha informed, 'You must not continue  on without me, okay!?'  

"Fine, whatever. Be quick, annoying bird." Sayomi jumped to a tree branch where she decided to sit and lean on. Isha looked at her carefully in the eye before flying away.  

Sayomi waited on the spot, tapping her finger on her knee in boredom. It was only a few minutes until Sayomi decided to run off somewhere, but suddenly her stomach grumbled, indicating her hunger. She groaned and sat back again, continuing to wait for Isha to return. Sayomi hung on the branch and closed her eyes.  

As she had her hand on the tree, the tree showed her blurry, fast images of people, just enough to pinpoint their current locations. The problem was that she couldn't tell apart who was who and which was her target, so she gave up trying. It was then she sensed another presence nearby.  

Sayomi sat up from her branch and concealed her presence, when Gittatackur came into sight. She continued to watch him walk through the forest, until he stopped. He slowly, and creepily, turned his shaking head towards Sayomi who was caught off guard from his suddenness. She grit her teeth and hopped off to the ground, approaching Gittarackur hesitantly.  

"What are you doing here?" Gittarackur questioned. Sayomi folded her arms and looked away.  

"Waiting."  

"For what?"  

"A bird." 

"Why?"  

"Does it really matter?" Sayomi looked at him in annoyance. "Anyway, what's your excuse?"