It All Started At A Bar Chapter 5

“Maybe I should just wait out here,” I said once Mike pulled up to his house.

“You sure?”

“Oh yeah…” I said. “Better yet, I’ll just head down to the bar. I’m pretty sure I have a shift.”

“Okay… Should I drop you off?” Mike said starting up the car.

“Sure. Do I, like, owe you gas money?”

“No, it’s fine,” Mike said heading down the street.

In five minutes we were at the bar. “Thanks, don’t wait up, I’ll find a ride home,” I said getting out of the car. I closed the door before Mike could say anything. I quickly walked into the bar and get behind the counter.

“Hey Madison,” Dan said kissing me.

I smiled. “Hey, I plan on reading your book tonight.”

“Tell me what you think. Be completely honest.”

“I will,” I said walking towards a customer.

The bar was packed, tonight. I made over fifty dollars in tips, mostly from men who enjoyed looking at my breast instead of my eyes.

“So, how’s Mike?” Al asked, wiping the counter.

“He’s annoying. He’s so concerned about me all the time.”

“Shouldn’t you be more grateful? He’s taking you in when you have no place to go.”

I took a sip from my beer and rolled my eyes. “Are you trying to make me feel bad?”

“Is it working?”

I sighed. “A little…”

“Good,” he said walking away. “Oh, be here by six PM tomorrow”.

I sighed as Dan wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. “What’s up?”

“I’m a bitch…”

He laughed. “What?”

“Nothing…It’s nothing. Can you give me a ride home?”

“Anything for a hot young thing, such as yourself.”

I smiled as we headed out the door.

“Later Al!” we called as he waved.

Dan drove me to Mike’s house and walked me to the front door. Mike left a note saying that the door was open for me.

“So…can I come inside?” he asked raising an eye brow.

I smiled. “I don’t see why not. Just be quiet.”

He smiled and followed me into the house. I locked the door and led Dan to my room.

******

The only reason why I got out of bed was because of the smell of bacon. I pull on my new robe that Mike bought me and headed down stairs.

“Morning,” Mike said as Jill stood up and brushed passed me.

“I don’t like her…” I muttered.

Mike handed me a plate before opening a bottle of beer.

“You know me so well,” I said sitting down. “Look, I want to thank you for…everything that you’ve done. Someone pointed out to me that I’ve been a little ungrateful and I’m sorry.”

“Wow, she has a heart.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah…who would have known?”

Mike chuckled. “No problem. My house is your house,” he left the room and began to consume my breakfast.