Chapter 2

Seonghwa’s pov

Flashback-

“You have to take the crown Seonghwa, it’s what you were born to do.” I growl and turn around looking at my mother in disgust. “No, it what you and dad want me to do, I never asked for this and neither did  Dahyun.” my mother stepped back shocked that I had shouted then she stomped her foot and yelled, “Dahyun was a disgrace to this family and always will be.” Without thinking I threw my hand up which caused her to fly into the wall. “DON’T YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN.” I was furious at her and the more she spoke the more my anger rose.

“You carried my little sister in your stomach for 9 months mother NINE GOD DAMN months and you treating her like and outcast the very day you gave birth to her, hell you nor dad even bothered to name her. I picked her name at four years old mom I was four and I had to act how her own parents should have. I practically raised her and yet she still hated me.” I paused and looked away for a second thinking back on everything I did for my little sister. “She hated me because of you and dad, always treating me like I was an angel while completely ignoring her existence. She left because of you, because she got tired of being treated like a peasant and I still remember the joy on her face the second she turned 18 knowing the she could finally leave this place. I never wanted her to leave but I knew she’d be better off without this sad excuse of a family. My only mistake was not going with her back then. I really thought about taking the stupid thrown to make you guys proud, but I can’t do this. I can't live in this damn castle knowing the only reason why you care about me if for the powers I have and what you get from them.”

Shakes my head I turned around and started walking away looking at the place I called home.  “I refuse to take the damn crown; I should have left a long time ago, but I'll be making up for that now. I'm leaving and I won’t be coming back. Try and come after me and you regret it.” I reached the front door and opened it. “Wait, Seonghwa don’t leave you don't understand your sister was useless-“ I cut her off and threw her back into the wall again before she could completely stand. “No mom you don't understand you were a useless parent and that it. I don't want to ever hear those words come out of your mouth again and I definitely don't want to ever see you, or dads face again because I'm done with the both of you.” With that I walked out the door and never looked back.

End flashback-

My alarm starts ringing causing me to snap out of my painful flashback, looking over I see that its twelve and I have to hours to get ready to go and meet Luna. Grabbing a bag that was on the counter I headed to the bathroom to dye my hair. I was tired of my sandy colored hair. I decided to dye it black and purple because Luna’s hair color rubbed off on me last night.

Looking in the mirror I smiled, was already looking like a new person. Still the handsome face that’s always been there but not the emotionless robot I used to see. I grabbed my phone and start a playlist of random music and started to dye my hair.

*45 minutes later*

I just washed the dye out of my hair and started to dry my hair. Once I finished, I went to my closet and picked out my outfit.

Looking at myself in the mirror I nodded at my choice.

I still had a couple of minutes left so I decided to chill and mess around on my phone till it was time to go.

———————————————

Luna’s pov

I sighed at the choice I needed to make, looking at my box of rings I finally picked my raven ring to go with my outfit.

Normally eight of my fingers would be rocking a ring but I thought that might be a bit much for my outfit. I out in some earrings to match the ring and looked at my reflection. Good enough, I guess.

My phone vibrated and I received a text from my brother.

Yoonie oppa…( Good luck with your date thing today. Call me if anything goes wrong)

Smolsavage101- (yah poppa I can take care of myself but thanks anyways)

Yoonie oppa- (yeah, yeah ima go nap now)

I shake my head and huff. I glance at the time and realize I need to hurry up if want to be on time. Grabbing my bag and daito I rush out my apartment and lock the door.

Although the coffee shop wasn’t that far from my apartment, I decided to take my care because I wanted to avoid the whole cat calling and stuff on the streets. I pulled out of my parking spot and drove away still in a bit of a hurry.

Once I had reached the cafe, I managed to get a parking spot right in front of the shop. Leaning against the shop window was Seonghwa. I sat there and admired him for a split second before realizing I needed to get out of the care to go meet him, before I turned off the car, I raved the engine a little causing Seonghwa to look up from whatever had occupied him on his phone. We made eye contact and he raised his eyebrow.

I didn’t know such a small act would make me want to scream as I got out the car. I walked over to him trying to calm myself before I did something embarrassing. “ that’s a nice car.” seonghwa said as he opened the cafe door for me. “I know right, Porsche 911 turbo I swear that car is my most prized possession.” He smiled as he followed me into the cafe. The waiter looked up from her phone with a bored expression and asked if we wanted a booth or a table. Seonghwa looked towards me with his eyebrow raised for the second time asking what I wanted silently. “Uh table please.” The Waiter nodded and put down her phone, “will it just be you two?”

“Yes” seonghwa spoke before I could. The waiter Mia I assumed off her name tag grabbed two menus and started walking away while we followed. She led us to a table in the far corner of the cafe to my delight. At this spot I could pay attention to everything in the cafe without being too obvious.  I tried to push the anxiety that was building up in my throat bag down to my stomach as I sat down and begone to look through the menu even though I already knew what I wanted.

We both didn't speak until our waiter came and seeing as it was one of my close friends it helped me relax a little. “Hey Yurei want the usual?” I nod and look at Seonghwa whose starring at kai with and odd look. “I'll have the lunch special and a Pepsi” kai nodded and walked away.

“So, uh what made you want to Meet today?” He chuckled and looked around the room then back at me. “You just seem interesting, a part of me felt like I needed to get to know you and I’m going to follow through with that.” I relaxed a little feeling my anxiety melt away. “Oh, that’s cool, I got to ask though what’s with the new hair color.” He shrugged, “ I need a complete fresh start and one of the things on my list was my appearance. I wanted to feel….. free I guess, in a way.”

“Ive been down that road, my tattoos and piercings really helped. And I got rid of all the colorful stuff I used to wear.”

“Your hair to, right?’ He asked I shook my head and smiled a little. “I never dyed my hair this is its natural color.” His eyes widened and I nodded.  “Yeah, me and my brother have unusual hair colors, his is almost a mint green but like faded. Nobody really knows why but we just go with it. Although my brother dyes his hair every now and then.”

“Thats actually pretty cool, almost like an anime character.” He said whited cause me to giggle. Yes, I giggled and yes, I know that was cringe let's move on because I can feel the author is cringing as well. MOVING ON.

Kai finally came back with our food and winked at me while setting my plate down. I rolled my eyes and began poking at my food. We spent about 2 hours talking in the cafe when I got a call from a client who wanted a tattoo.

“I'm sorry Ive got to go.” I said as I stood up and reached in my purse to get money. He shook his head, “I'll pay for it and may I get your number please?” I smiled and nodded amazed at his manners because most men would demand my number instead of asking. I gave unlocked my phone and handed it to him while he did the same with his phone. Once we finished, he led me to my car and waited till I pulled off before I saw him head back into the cafe.

I sighed cursing the client who called me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

authors note.

I decided to change kai's name to seonghwa because yes deal with it.