How he figured

((3rd Person POV))

Y/n has been living with Finn and Jake, everyone seems nice towards her except Finn. Somehow the event about Y/n hiding herself behind a Cherrina mask bothered his mind till now, from then on Finn continued ignoring the girl. So instead of forcing Finn to accept her apology , she made herself busy by planting a couple of plants at their backyard, it mostly looks like a garden now.

"Jake what do you advice me to do at this kind of situation?"

"Let Finn clear out his mind for a bit longer"

"It's been a week Jake"

"I know. He must really despise you a lot.. Finn never been that way. He always forgives people easily. I just don't understand why is he different around you."

Y/n can't stand seeing Finn like this, a Finn who hates her. She mostly do all the household chores by herself, that includes daily cooking, yet he seem to avoid her presence, Finn chooses to make his own food than accept her meals.. It makes Y/n angry to the point where she wanted to try punching him on the face. So she did. Y/n entered Finns room, grabbing him onto his shoulder and punched his face.

"I just wanna wake you up, in case you're still sleeping" Y/n had a huge annoyance written on her expression but punching him drained the bad emotions.

"Finn ... I disappointed you.. I know.. But I'm trying to build up the friendship.. Cause it seems like my past memories with you doesn't mean anything. I'm the only one who treasured it!!... Don't worry. I'll be leaving today.. Thank you for everything" Y/n slightly bowed in front of Finn who is currently looking on the floor with sadness in his eyes.

"Y/n? Where are you going?" BMO asked after seeing the lady run out of Finns room. She started packing some of her things, just a few. Some clothes Marceline gave her, a few food she harvested from the backyard.

"Y/n? Are you leaving now?" Jake asked.

"Yes probably. He needs some space. A lot of space, Jake.. I don't think he wants me back.. "

"Wait Y/n"

Y/n slams the front door open but she can't pass through since Ice King is blocking the whole exit.

"Move away Ice King!" Y/n shouted angrily , like any minute now she can kill the mad king in front of her.

"Woah woah woah calm down Y/n. I'm not here to hurt you actually I can sense where that crown is.. So .." Ice King explained.

"Y/n !!" Jake and Finn immediately run towards them.

"Ice King!" Finn screamed as he draw out his sword.

"Calm down everyone. I'm just here to ask Y/n back.."

At that exact moment Y/n look back at where Finn is..

"I see what you got here my dear friend Y/n... You seem to be pitying Finn and Jake.. Then just give back the crown I gave you, if you can though.. If you couldn't then... YOU NEED TO BE MY WIFE!"

"Ice King ...I knew what powers this crown possess. Also its curse. No one can pull it off a persons head after wearing it.. However I made some adjustments" Y/n removed the crown as easily as possible and it left Ice King impressed.

"You really must be an amazing wizard Y/n" Ice king said while Y/n is reverting back to her true form.

"I'm not a wizard. I'm simply a human who knows magic" Y/n said in a sad tone.. But Fortunately she can use elemental magic without the crown.

Everyone in the room look so surprised, especially Finn.

"I'm simply a nobody who is looking for a place I could call home... My mother was murdered by judgemental humans who thinks we're evil witches from the woods, even though we're trying to help people .. I can't seem to trust any humans from then on... There is one exception though ... but...." Y/n turn her head to look at Finn.