Chapter Seven ☕️

Chapter seven

The next morning Akiko wakes up in a great mood due to the feelings about the previous night with Kirishima 'Oh my god... was that dream? Did that actually happen?? Does that mean he likes me too? What if I'm looking too far into this... friends kiss each other's cheeks right?' Akiko thought to herself as she had one hand on her cheek from the ghost of his kiss the night before. While she was laying there in her bed still, she heard Shai yelling from outside her bedroom door snapping her out of her thoughts. "Yo! Get outta bed you lazy shit we have a store to run and get Akemi to moms!" "Yeah yeah I'm up, hey can you get Akemi ready so I can get ready and take her?" Akiko asked back to her sister "I'll take her just get ready and open up" Akiko agreed and started to get ready for the day and then shortly after, headed down the stairs.

While getting the caffe ready Akiko received a text message, upon reading the sender it brought a soft smile of delight upon her face.

Kirishima: Good morning Kio :)

Akiko: Good morning Eiji :)

Shai returned back to the caffe and scans the caffe for her sister. As her eyes land on her sister she notices the smile on her sisters face as she texting on her phone. "Ohhh who's that?" Shai asks her sister. Akiko upon hearing her sister looks up from her phone with a blush dancing across her cheeks and rubs her arm shyly and responds "Eiji..." "Eiji? Omg you guys have nick names?? What does he call you?" Shai asked "...Kio..." and as she answered her blush darkens to a deeper pink. "That's so cute~" Akiko gives Shai a look and she returns it with a look that says 'sooo what happened last night' and Akiko returns it with a looks that says 'seriously' Shai nods eagerly and Akiko caves so Akiko starts to explain all that took part of the previous night.
"Omg that's so sweet~!" Shai gushes at her sister "I know he is literally the sweetest guy... and I really like him... like a lot, and I'm nervous, but like a good nervous..? I dunno, but there's also a little bit more as well.. He asked me to go to the hero's banquet with him..." Akiko says with a blush while fiddling with a cleaning cloth between her fingers "Please PLEASE for the love god tell me you said yes!" Shai practically yells at her causing Akiko to wince at her sudden loudness and adverts her eyes away "Kiko you'd said yes right??" Shai asks again "Yes I told him I'd go" Akiko tells her "So when is it?" Shai asks but as Akiko is about answer her sisters billionth question of the morning the door chimes.

Both girls look at the door and Sero walks in, in his hero uniform and Akiko then takes her leave to go and wipe tables to give them some privacy and hears her phone go off as she is leaving the counter. Shai turns to Sero as he walks up to the counter "Hello Hanta what's brings you here?" Shai asks "Well a coffee to start haha I'm on a quick break, and I have a question for you as well..." he looks to Shai noticing she already making his order, and he smiles that she remember what his order is "Okay so what did you wanna ask me?" Shai asks "Well... U-um you see there's this thing... and it's in three weeks.. would you possibly consider going to the hero's banquet with.. me?" He looks at her with reddened cheeks and notices her face become pink as well "I um... Yes. I'll go with you" she says as she smiles back at him causing Seros face to light up with her answer. They continued to chat a bit before Sero had to go back to work, and in that time Akiko was texting Eijiro.

Kirishima: How are you? 😊

Akiko: I'm great, actually how about yourself?☺️

Kirishima: I'm great as well but not overly looking g forward to this case I have to work on haha😅

Akiko: Oh is it dangerous?

Kirishima: I have to inspect a building and see if we can find some leads, I won't be alone though which is nice 👍🏻

Akiko: Oh that's good you have someone with you, is it Bakago?

Kirishima: Hahaha still mad about the jacket huh? And yes it's him

Akiko: Well a little bit not so much now 🙂 but at least your in good hands!

Kirishima: Haha yes I guess so, he's my best bro! But I'll text you in a bit gotta head out soon, talk to you after my shift 😊

Akiko: Okay! Good luck okay? ☺️

Kirishima: Thanks 😊

Akiko smiled to herself and heard Sero say his good byes to the girls and Akiko waved and then made her way back to Shai to see what they were talking about and why she blushed. "Oh yay your going too?" Akiko excitedly clapping her hands together Shai told her that he came here to ask her to the banquet as well. The two were discussing to see what they should wear then realized they have nothing that is "Banquet" material let alone "hero banquet" material and that means they would have to close the shop for a day to go shopping. This also made Akiko think that maybe she should always close for one day during the week... But was soon pulled out of her thoughts as her mind wanders to the door as another ding signaled another customer.

When looking at the door Shinso came in with a girl who looked like she bathed in cotton candy and there hands were intertwined, Akiko took notice and greeted the two with a quick wave as they walked towards the counter "Hey Kiko, I want you to meet my girlfriend, her name is Mina Ashido" Shinso started the introductions between them. "Hi I'm Akiko Yuki but you can just call me Akiko" Akiko said with a smile. She was very happy to finally meet the girl he was pinning over for so long. 'Wow they are so cute together' "Hi nice to meet you! Toshi told me a lot about you" Mina said in a chipper tone and Akiko suddenly felt a little nervous as the possible stories he might have said to her hoping for none of her embarrassing stories came up. "Oh hopefully all good things..?" Akiko says almost like a question and Mina started laughing 'Well crap. That's not the response I was hoping for... What did he tell her...' as Akiko is questioning his loyalty of their friendship Mina winks at her and says it was all good things she was just teasing. Akiko just laughed a little awkwardly at the "joke" and asks if they wanted anything to drink and decided to catch up and get to know each other.

During the time the three were catching up and chatting about random things, Shai growled in frustration from behind the counter trying to see if she could find anything online for ideas to wear to the banquet, but gave up with a huff and turned the TV on and tuned it to the hero news station hoping to see Sero in action.

Akiko and Shinso took notice of her growl and asked her what's up "Oh it's nothing just having a hard time trying to find a damn gown for this friggin banquety thingy... I don't even know where to start..." Shai sighed and Shinso shot Akiko a quizzical brow "Banquet? Like the hero's banquet?" "Yeah, actually we were both invited to go.." Akiko explains to shinso "So... Who invited you to go with them?" Akiko blushed and started rubbing nervously at the back fo her neck "Eijiro.." Akiko said shyly with her blush deepening "Oh Kirishima? He's a good guy, are you guys getting close?" He asked "Well um yes, no? We have hung out a few times and I think so? So I guess so?" Then they all talked about the banquet and Mina gets a idea on how to help the girls. "Eeeeee~! I have an idea to help you two girlies out!" Mina said excitedly towards Shai and Akiko, they both looked at each other then back at Mina And in tandem said "How?" Mina gushed at the cuteness then proceeded with her plan and told them that they will take the girls shopping and that she will invite Ochaco to come too and they will have a girls day. Akiko exchanged numbers with Mina to keep in touch and shortly after they left and Akiko and Shai were starting to get more excited about going to the banquet that is coming up.

An hour or so later Akiko turns to watch the hero news to see if can spot Kirishima. She didn't at first it was showing some weird hero with balls on his head and she then proceeded to go back to tidying the caffe up a bit. While she wasn't paying attention till she herd Shai gasp at what was happening on the news and she turned to see Red Riot get pushed through a wall. Kirishima was getting up to look to see where his partner was he was hit by a villain with a brute amount of force and he used his unbreakable state to try and block and cover his fellow Hero Ground Zero who came out to check on him. During the block there was a gust of wind causing dirt and smoke that blocked the cameras from seeing what was happening. Once the dust cleared and settled out of the view she stared intensely at the screen slowly getting closer, but stopped when she noticed the long deep cuts on his chest and forearms. Akikos breath hitched as she dropped what was in her hands and then watched as the man she was falling for get carried off by medics... Akiko started to tune everything out as she stepped back a bit and crumbled to the ground with a single thought on repeat in her mind.

'Eijiro... Please PLEASE PLEASE be okay!'