"You want to name him Yoggin?"

I didn't sleep at all that night. I would have tossed and turned but my stomach got in the way, so I stayed staring at the ceiling the entire time, occasionally glancing over at Niall. I could tell that he didn't sleep much either; his breathing was far too fast and his body was held too rigid. My heart was still hammering away in my chest. I didn't think that it had stopped since the previous night. When we had got home, everyone had already gone to bed, so there was, thankfully, no confrontation. It had literally been a case of us climbing up the stairs and clambering into bed without saying a word to each other. Neither of us wanted to talk about Denny but he was the only thing in our minds, so we just kept quiet.

Morning streamed through the crack in the curtain, casting the room into a slight shadow. I moved to try and get comfortable, but it was no use; I was well and truly awake. No doubt I would regret it later on in the day when exhaustion hit but I was just going to have to jump that hurdle when I came to it.

"Evie," he whispered, pulling me close to his chest. "You okay?" I nodded but we both knew that I was very far from okay. Niall put his lips to my cheek and gave it the softest kiss imagined, but it was the affection and the love that came with it that had my heart racing.

"I need to get up," I mumbled, trying to move from his arms. He kept his grip on me tight, so that leaving them was no longer much of an option. I rolled as much as I could without squashing Baby Peanut and looked at him, my eyebrow quirked.

"Just stay in bed today," he murmured. "It's Saturday." Yeah, okay, I knew what day it was but if I just stayed in bed, it meant that I would have to think about what had happened last night, and I wasn't prepared to put myself through that. Besides, I thought he had wanted me to go to the police today. And I had promised that I would.

"I need to get up," I repeated. Niall buried his head into the nape of my neck and I played with his hair, looking at the door over his shoulder.

"Is it going to be one of those days?" he asked softly. I snorted and a reluctant smile flashed across my face. He re-emerged from my neck and considered me for a moment before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I can't just stay here all day," I replied, stretching. "I'll go mad." Niall nodded and pulled back the blankets, getting to his feet and yawning. I looked at him for a moment, as if I was only just seeing him for the first time. He was standing there in nothing but his boxers, his lightly tanned skin dulled by the darkness of the bedroom. There were girls who probably would have killed for someone like him to be as scantily clad as he was, and here I was only just noticing that this was how he woke up every other day. I really was unobservant.

"Evie McKenzie," he teased, realising that I was looking at me, "Are you giving me the once over?" I rolled my eyes and pulled the covers back up to my chin. I closed my eyes and felt him kneel over me.

"It's fine, darling," he murmured, his face near to mine, "walking behind you up the stairs is the highlight of my day." My eyes snapped open and I slapped him in the chest, while he laughed away, absolutely killing himself.

"Go away, you randy git," I groaned, rolling away from him.

"You don't mean that," he said knowingly. "What you really mean is that you want me to stay in this bed with you all day so that I know you're okay." It was such a typical thing for Niall to say but I wasn't going to let him win this one.

"I thought I was going to the police today," I said, the words catching in the back of my throat. Niall's arms dropped to his side and his face fell at the memory. He took my hand and stroked the back of it.

"You don't have to go through with it," he whispered gently. "If it's going to be too much stress on you and the baby, I'd rather you just stayed here." His kindness touched me and I let myself look into his eyes.