Crystal clear lake

The lake was beautiful, to say the least. The water was clear and the trees around made it way more beautiful than it already was. It was calm and peaceful. The weather made it even better. It wasn't too hot or too cold. It looked like a place from a Fairy Tale or a movie. It seemed like a place from a fantasy book. They all felt at ease while they walked. The McHale pack was used to the woods around Derek's old house, but this place wasn't like that. It seemed peaceful and just relaxing.

"This place is beautiful," said Corey.

Theo and his pack were walking ahead. They had coolers. Bags with towels and clothes. Extra clothes. Shoes. The essentials. The younger ones seemed to be playing around while the oldest talked as they walked. Theo walked behind them in silence. They seemed to have come here very much since they walked like they lived there.

"Yeah, from time to time we come here to swim and to hang out since our alpha owns this place," Rose told him.

"Your alpha owns it?" Questioned Jackson, as he and the rest stared shocked at Rose who said that so casually.

"Yeah," said Kane who laughed a bit at their reaction. "She owns a lot of the property around here and so much more,"

"Anyway, the cabin we are staying at is just over there." Theo pointed towards a huge cabin. It had a bonfire with chairs around it and small tables as well.

"It's so big," said Liam as he looked at the cabin and then at Theo

"Yeah, we can stay here overnight. Our alpha doesn't mind as long as we're safe," said Theo.

"Come on, let's go in" Said Valery as she and the rest of Theo's team ran in happily.

"Do you care about them?" Scott who had walked over asked. Liam had walked over to Mason and Corey who looked around. Everyone else looked around the place or just waited for everyone to go in.

"Huh?" Questioned Theo in confusion.

"Do you care about all of those kids?" Theo looked shocked but he answered.

"I don't only care about them, I love them. I would protect them with my life and soul. Liam and them are the only thing keeping me sane,"

"Why Liam?"

"Before I left, he and I got close, and eventually, I fell for him." Theo looked at Liam who was still talking with Mason and Corey.

Scott looked at Theo shocked. Especially cause he said it so easily. He knew that if it were a few years ago, Theo would have denied it. But now he said it so casually. Like it was just an easy thing to admit. But Scott knew Theo wasn't the same from back then. He seemed happier, better. It made him feel guilty for trying to even send him back to hell. But now, seeing as how he treats those kids. How he treats Liam. How even after so long, Liam and Theo fell almost back into rhythm. How for the first time in a long time, Liam looked like the old him. Theo wasn't the same anymore.