Damien was right (40)

AN: Please vote for this chapter

Dimitri

When I woke up I found myself, Damien and my father all laying on a soft king sized mattress in the center of the cell. I then tried to get up off the bed but my body was way too weak and felt extremely heavy, so I ended up falling on top of Damien and thus woke him up from his nap. So, I turned to my father and stretched out my hand towards him in an attempt to wake him up as well so we could get out of this dungeon when I heard the strangest of sounds.

I could not believe my ears. Now, I know that it was not coming from me or my father since he was still sleeping. So, I let go of dad and turned around to face Damien. I first stopped and watched him in pure disbelief. I then gently went on to touch his wet face and indeed I had seen and heard correctly. Low and behold, Damien was in front of me crying. There were actual tears running down Damien's face. He was actually crying. This was so insane! I had only seen Damien cry once in his life and that was when his mother had died. Ever since that day, I never saw him cry again. So, this sight was mind blowing to say the least. First my father and now it was Damien crying all in one day. What was it with these people and their strange behaviours.

"Why are you crying, brother?" I finally asked when I regained my senses and remembered that I had a voice. I needed to know why. We were all fine so, I failed to understand why he was crying? My dad looked fine, I was bruised and sore but still fine and Damien was unscathed. Then I remembered that we were once four in this dungeon. That was when I finally noticed that Rebecca was not here on the bed with us. My heart rate increased rapidly from this realization as my eyes went searching around the cell for her. But she was nowhere to be seen.

"Did something happen to Rebecca?" I asked panicking. I could literally feel my anger rising from this thought alone. I couldn't lose her. Not with the way things ended at her house. I still had so much to say to her, I just had not figured out how to say it yet, but we were not done yet. I just needed time. But now I no longer had time.

Why would Seneca want to hurt Rebecca of all people? She was not a part of this family feud. She was innocent. Was my sister that heartless? Rebecca was gone and it was all my fault. I should have left her alone, but I wanted answers and now I led her to her death.

Then the realization finally hit me. All I ever wanted to say to Rebecca really was that I liked the way she made me feel. That I liked the way I could tell her anything and everything. I still really loved her hair and couldn't get enough of it. I even liked the way she smelt and wanted to know what products she used because I wanted to smell it always. I liked Rebecca too. I guess Damien was right all along. But unfortunately, it was too late now. I realized the truth too late. So, I too started crying.

"Your...your f...fa...father...she killed him," Damien said. I then stopped crying and immediately whipped my head around to face my father and he was still laying next to me. He looked the same if you asked me which was odd because if he died, his veins should turn purple.

"No he isn't," I replied after observing him for a while. I then turned back around to face my father. Only to find him still asleep. This was odd because vampires are generally light sleepers. And with the way Damien was crying, Dad should have woken up by now. I then went closer to him and gently nudged him in hopes of waking him up. I pushed him gently on the arm. I was a bit surprised with the fact that my dad who was all muscle was so malnourished. I could feel the bone underneath my hand. He was not eating or moving all this time. Which is why he was still asleep. He was too weak. So, I cut my wrist and put it to his mouth. A vampire no matter how weak would always react to the smell of blood. That is follow the scent and drink to regain strength.

As soon as I placed my bleeding hand on his lips, Damien spoke up, "She took his beast Dimitri, so he is dead. The vampire is gone. This is how humans look when they die."

I looked back to my dad and he still had made no movement to drink the blood. Soon enough my wound healed, and he still did not move. Then Damien's word finally registered in my brain and all I saw was red. I got up immediately despite my body feeling heavy ready to make Seneca pay for killing my father and killing Rebecca. I no longer cared that she was my sister anymore. She asked for this.

"It wasn't Seneca... Your beast did quite a number on her... But she sort of killed your beast. Your body was dying so...so Rebecca took the life of your father's beast to save your beast. I tried to stop her so she had me paralysed," Dimitri added on.

"I was dead." I stated. It was a difficult statement to believe. I mean I couldn't really remember much. I felt like I had just gone to sleep honestly. Besides my body feeling weak I was pretty normal.

"So Rebecca killed my father," I said out loud not fully believing this turn of events. It seemed my brain was failing to grasp anything at this point. It must be because of the dying.

Yeah that's why I was hurt. "Wait so, the woman I liked killed my father," I said out loud again.

"And then sheleft. I don't remember anything after that. I think she put me to sleep,"Damien said. Then he started crying again for the second time today

XXXXX

AN

QOC: So, Dimitri realizes he likes Rebecca. But also that she killed his father? What would you do if you were in his shoes?

Let me know in the comments. Also don't forget to vote.