Brian freeze (9)

AN: Please hit that vote button. I would appreciate it so much

XXXXXX

Dimitri

They say that the brain functions 24/7. That even when you are sleeping your brain is still busy working. It is said that the brain consolidates memory when we sleep. Thus, to remember things better, one needs to sleep enough to give the brain time to consolidate. Sleeping enough also has many other health benefits but that applies only to human bodies. For some reason after Damien's words registered in my mind, it seemed my brain decided to finally take a break from all that working. After all it has been working for almost a hundred years now.

I expected there to be so many thoughts running through my mind all at once in this moment. Like I said before, I have a degree in overthinking and all. But somehow just like a computer, my brain had frozen. I could tell that Damien was still speaking, but I could not comprehend the words that he said. My brain could not process the first words that had just come out of his mouth. I was stuck on that very statement. It was all that kept replaying in my mind- My family is dead. ELLIE IS DEAD, MOM IS DEAD, DAD IS DEAD. MY FAMILY IS DEAD.

After some time, Damien finally realized I was in shock and eventually led me into the house. My entire body felt numb. I could not remember how to walk. Thus, Damien had to place me into the first chair he could find. I honestly did not think that I could walk anymore. It seems that all my other systems were also malfunctioning right now. I felt empty inside. Ellie was gone. My baby sister who I vowed to protect was now dead. While I was out being sad about a stupid mate who didn't even deserve my time. Just mere hours ago I was being a brat complaining about how I had nothing in life and now life decided to hand me exactly that. I truly now had nothing. No mate, no family, no throne. I have nothing. How does one react in such a situation? Do I cry? People cry in such situations. Yet it seemed that my eyes decided to do the complete opposite. They were as dry as the Sahara dessert.

"How?" I managed to say after Damien brought me some water. I needed to know how they were killed. My family was powerful. We were Original Vampires after all. Secondly the palace had been guarded by some powerful and ancient magic. So, no supernatural creature that wasn't blood related to my family could enter the palace grounds without permission from someone in my family. Yet this person entered the palace and killed my entire family. I call Ellie a baby but she was no baby when it came to war. She scared me sometimes. Whoever this person was, they had to have a powerful and old witch on their side.

"Someone called Seneca. She is half witch and half vampire. Apparently her mother was an original vampire," Damien stopped speaking and looked at me to see if I was still alright. My moment of shock did seem to scare him quite a bit. I nodded at him to continue and so he did, "They say that her family was killed in the vampire war and it seems that she wanted her revenge and now she just got it. That is all the information I could gather from Lord Bernard."

I was rather calm for someone who just lost their family. I mean, Damien was standing in front of me looking like he had lost his will to live which makes sense as they were his family too. But I was calm. I had to be calm. I needed to think straight and come up with a plan. A mixed breed was shocking news. They were only myths. Stories I was told by my parents to scare me. Being a vampire I wasn't scared of much. So, my parents needed to get creative after all.

"I came here before you and you weren't home, where had you been?" I asked Damien. Damien was an anti-social man. He didn't have much friends. This happened again after his mom passed. He never interacted with people just for fun. He became rigid. So where was he when I had come home? "Well, Secena will start searching for you soon. It's only a matter of days before your face is on all the posters in the kingdom. We need to leave and I just figured out where to hide you for now" Damien responded.

"Are you insane? Hide me! I am going back to kill that abomination!" I shouted. I was damn pissed that he even thought I would agree to such a plan. I wanted blood, I wanted this thing's head on a silver platter. Actually no, I wanted her alive. I wanted to make her suffer to the point where she begged me for death. The beast in me was on the verge of breaking out at the mere thought. My beast was somewhat sadistic. I could feel my fangs protruding as my eyes turned red. All my senses were enhancing. As I prepared for an attack.

Once my beast took full control, I became ruthless. Last time that I accidentally let him out, I had killed a village in a matter of minutes. Dad had to restrain me until I calmed down so my beast would go back inside and it was difficult for him to do so back then already. Damien would not be able to handle me as a beast. Honestly speaking, I had no idea what the beast was going to do right now, but I also didn't care. As long as I got my revenge in the end.

"Dimitri, I know you want blood but she killed all the guards in the palace. She broke down ancient spells and killed your father. The most powerful vampire! I want revenge too. But I want to plan it well. I want to make her suffer, but going there now is simply handing yourself on a silver platter. We need a plan...We need time for a good plan," Damien pleaded with me. I hated it but he was right. I had to hold back. It wasn't time for the beast to come out just yet.

Well, at least I had my bags packed and ready to leave already. I guess my mate was marrying another man after all. Besides, I was no longer royalty. 

XXXXXX

AN

QOC: When have you had your brain stop working? Did you know that the brain functions 24/7? Like even when you sleep it still functions. Its pretty interesting actually. 

If you have any thoughts on this or the chapter do comment and lets chat about it.

Also don't forget to vote if you haven't already

Thanks for reading