Lucifer Rising

I don't know how to swim.

I just never learned and I've never needed to.

But by the time Dean was able to catch his breath and get up to help me, I was swimming in my own blood.

He called an ambulance once he concluded he couldn't stop the bleeding.

"Yeah, I think someone got attacked in the room upstairs from mine. You should get here soon it sounds bad." He hung up the phone. "Ace." He shook my face, waking me up from the sleep I was drifting into. "I'm going to go the hospital and wait for you to break out in a few hours. I can't be here when the police get here. Okay?"

I slightly nodded my head.

He wiped down the room of fingerprints then climbed out the window.

The hospital stay was I'm assuming, short, because I went to bed when they stitched me up and when I woke up I was in the backseat of the impala almost to Bobby's.

Dean and Bobby helped me into the house and sat me on the couch.

"Ace, what do you need to get healed quicker?" Bobby asked.

I had feeling in my whole body, but couldn't really move or speak yet.

"Red meat." Dean answered from the desk.

"I-" I opened my mouth, but that's all that came out. I motioned like I was eating then shook my head no.

"You can't eat?" Dean asked. I shook my head no and pointed at my throat. "Blend the meat."
I nodded yes and Bobby went into the kitchen.

Over the next hour I drank six blended up raw hamburgers.

"Dean? Dean?" Bobby asked again. "Did you listen to a word I said?"

"Yeah I heard ya. I'm not calling him." Dean stared out the window.

"Don't make me get my gun boy."

"We are damn near kick off for armageddon, don't you think we've got bigger fish at the moment?" Dean turned around.

"I know you're pissed and I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's-" Bobby got cut off.

"But he's your blood?" Dean asked. "Was that what you were gonna say?"

"He's your brother. And he's drowning." Bobby leaned on the desk.

"Bobby I tried to help him, I did. Look what happened." Dean motioned to the huge knife wound on my neck.

"So try again."

"No, it's too late." Dean walked away from the window.

"There's no such thing."

"No! Dammit!" Dean yelled, turning around. "No." He sighed. "I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life. Ran away to Stanford the first chance he got. It's like déjà vu all over again." Dean sat down on the other couch. "Well I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him. He can do what he wants."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do Bobby. Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore, or if he ever was."

Bobby turned around leaning on his desk. He let out a sigh then threw everything off his desk. "You stupid, stupid, son of a bitch! Well boo-hoo I am so sorry your feelings are hurt princess! Are you under the impression that family is supposed to make you feel good? Bake you an apple pie maybe?" Bobby got close to Dean's face. "They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!"