The Brown Eyes

(Unedited)

The past would always be a skeleton in my closet. And the fear of Alpha Cade walking up to that closet, slowly prying open the door to reveal all the dirty secrets my heart held within itself was now my greatest fear.

Inspite of all that I replied, "Yes." In a quiet voice I said, "I will tell you everything. I just need some time to sort out my thoughts."

"When?" he inquired.

"I need some time. Don't push me. I will tell you when I am ready." Because I did not want this fear to plague me like it did for the last eight years. I wanted it gone now. But not just yet. I wanted to enjoy him some more, in case he abandoned me. There was no one in my life who ever stayed. It was just my luck. And I wanted this male to accept me with dignity.

He held my cheeks in his hands. "Just remember that you are mine. I won't let you shut me out this time. You won't get to run away from me."

I tried to pull away. He didn't allow me. I remain caged in his arms, my eyes a captive of his. The madness that the human held for me reflected in his grey orbs. It scared me. It made me unsure of the outcome. I wanted respect from my male, I craved it. Something I never had. Something that was snatched from me. I wouldn't be able to bear a forced bond. The craziness in his eyes told me that he was not beyond locking me up just to make sure that I was close.

"I won't. You hold my heart now," I told him truthfully. "But promise me that when I finally open my heart to you, you won't shut me out."

Not call me a whore, like my mother did. Not lock me in a basement, like that monster did to my mother. Not loathe me, like my brother does.

-------------------------

His side of the bed was cold when I finally woke up. Light spilled brilliantly through the open window, falling on the bed, chasing away cold that was very present in the air now. Loud noises tumbled inside through the window. Weres were having a very loud discussion right outside my window.

"Shut up!" someone shouted suddenly.

It was quiet all of a sudden.

"I warned you, did I not? I told you to stay with him. How can you be so careless Linda?" the male shouted.

"I... I am sorry, Philip. The talkers never took a kid before, I am sure he is here somewhere," a female answered.

"We looked everywhere, Philip. No trace of your pup."

"Look again," the female shouted.

"Will... "

There was a knock on my door. I scrambled to put some clothes on. The voices outside my window continued with their heated discussion. The reports of snatching were increasing in frequency. There were rumors that Alpha Blake was building an army of talkers.

Someone knocked again. I smelled the air, but the scent of sex prevented me from detecting who was at the door. It was so overpowering. I rushed to pull off the sheets and throw it in the bathroom. When I finally opened the door, I stilled. It was Brandon. Eyes so cold that I would be warmer in a blizzard. He scrunched his nose, his eyes towards the hallway.

"Alpha Cade has asked me to escort you around the premises, Luna."

My heart ached. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I wanted to shake him. Tell him to cut this out or I would scold him. Or tell him to go away and send my Bran back. That he was hurting me. That he was hurting himself and it was hurting me even more. That all the slave talk was stupid, what was he even thinking? And to look at me like he looked at me when he was my Bran. But I stood still. I stood still and released a deep breath, letting all the emotion out.