The Carpet Ride

Carpet rides seem to be a motif for character development/realization...

Your POV

I got up early, excited for what we had planned for today. Even with all the mostly-negative experiences that the Isle reminded me of, I couldn't help but count the minutes till I could go back. There's something about that place that draws me to it.

I heard a knock at the door. Harry stood at the other end with a wide grin upon seeing me. Seeing him smile is a nice change - much better than the emotionless statue he's been these past couple of days. He wasn't wearing his usual pirate coat and ripped shirt, instead he suited an outfit typical of an Auradon royal.

[I imagine it sort of like Prince Eric's outfit, or this one Prince Charming wears in OUAT...without the blood lol]

"Wow (y/n), you look stunning," I smiled in response as he walked in

"Wow (y/n), you look stunning," I smiled in response as he walked in. "Are you ready for today?"

"I think so - but I should be asking you that! Remember the last time you rode on the carpet?"

"Please, that's nothing compared to what Lydia put me through - I'll be okay."

Uma opened her eyes slowly. "Are you guys leaving already?" She yawned.

"The earlier, the better. Plus, fewer people will realize we're gone than if we went in the afternoon." Carpet was already floating beside me.

"Go ahead then, Johnny will probably be over later, and I'll tell him you guys left." She sat up sleepily. "One last thing. Please try and make it quick - the chances of Lydia being on the Isle are far higher than her being here, and with Coy in the picture as well... just don't dilly dally. We're safer together, the four of us."

"We'll be careful, and trust me, I don't think we have any intention of being on that dump any longer than necessary," Harry walked to the edge of her bed. "You guys take care as well, we'll be back before you know it." It seems like as much as I want to go to the Isle, Harry wants nothing to do with it.

I opened the door to the balcony and hesitantly walked out. I did a quick scan of the area in all directions, but the city seemed deserted. The sky had a lingering orange-red tinge to it from sunrise, and to my dismay and relief, the Royal Guard didn't seem to be up yet. Either they're slacking off, or are really well hidden.

I motioned for Harry to come out.

"Great view." He mentioned.

"Yeah, it's really beautiful today." Carpet flew to the other side of the railings. "So just climb over and step onto the carpet."

"Cl-climb over?" Harry walked to the edge and looked down. "You say that like there isn't a chance of us missing the carpet and falling to our deaths."

I shook my head. "Harry, you're not going to miss the carpet, and if you did, he'd catch you. See, just do what I do." I put one leg over the railing and had to jump a bit to get over. "Plus, you're taller so it's even easier for you."