19. And Daughter of War Will Persist

Drew woke up to people yelling 'Drew' in her face. Not a great feeling, but at least she wasn't blacked out anymore. She felt drowsy, but did her best to sit up, groaning as she did.

Her companions were kneeling around her, all looking concerned. "Oh my gosh! Drew, are you you okay?" Adele asked.

"Uh, yeah. I think? What happened?" Drew said.

"You overworked your body.
We were making you do so much, expecting so much from you. You used a lot of power in just the last half hour which is extremely draining," Sybil said, a large frown on her face.

"But you saved everyone," Chandler piped up.

"You're a hero, Drew," Dani smiled.

"I didn't save everyone, I just snapped a couple people out of Piper's spell," Drew grumbled.

"Y'know, I used to think you had a huge self esteem, but turns out, you're just as self conscious and unworthy feeling as the rest of us!" Clarisse said, way too cheerfully.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" Darrell blinked. Drew had actually forgotten about Dove and Darrell, and she was relieved to see that they were snapped out of the spell. She just hoped they were filled in on everything.

"Oh trust me, that's super nice for Clarisse's standards," Drew assured them.

Drew was about to stand up, but Sybil made her sit back down. "You passed out from exhaustion, like I said, I need to check a few things first," Sybil said.

"Like what?" Drew frowned.

"Your ABCs for one," Sybil said.

"ABCs?" Drew frowned.

"Airway, breathing, and circulation," Sybil explained casually, "This is going to be kind of weird but just let me do it, okay, Drew?"

"Uh, sure," Drew said, raising her eyebrows. A second later, Sybil reached out and gently tilted Drew's head back, lifting her chin. Drew had no idea what she was doing, but it was weird. She then put her ear to Drew's mouth, waiting a few seconds before pulling away.

"Uh, what did you just do?" Drew said.

"Checking to make sure I could hear breathing and you were," Sybil said, talking quickly.

Drew smirked, "Obviously I'm breathing."

"It's just a precaution. Now can I ask you some questions?" Sybil said.

"Uh, sure, I guess," Drew said, feeling horribly awkward.

"Are you feeling lightheaded, drowsy, sweaty and cold at the same time, dizzy, or nauseous?"

"Ah, no."

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Sybil asked, holding up three fingers.

"Three."

"And does your head hurt?"

"Not really."

"Well on a scale one to ten, how much would you say it hurts?" Sybil asked, leaning forward a bit.

"Five or six, I guess," Drew said.

"Well your breathing and pulse seem steady, and you don't really have any symptoms besides a slight headache, so you should be fine, but we'll give you a twenty-four to forty-eight hour break on using your powers," Sybil said, standing up.

Everyone stared at the daughter of Athena in awe. "What?" Sybil asked, completely clueless.

Clarisse was the first to speak with a smirk on her far, and crossing her arms. "Who knew you were such a doctor, Bishop?"

"If I didn't know you were a daughter of Athena, I would have thought you were one of Apollo!" Dani said cheerfully.

Sybil blushed, looking down. "I study a lot of medical books. My dream is to become a doctor when I grow up. I would love to save lives and be there for people," She explained. She then added solemnly and quietly, "If I even live long enough to become one."

"Hey, don't talk like that," Dani said, walking over to Sybil and hugging her. She quickly pulled away though, blushing. "Sorry, I'm a hugger. I come from a big family of huggers."

"Guilty!" Adele said. Marcel just smiled and shrugged.

"It's fine, don't worry," Sybil smiled.

"But as I was saying, don't talk like that! We'll make it outta here and live another eighty years happy and living our dreams! And if anyone can do that, it's you, Sybil. I know we just met, but you are one of the strongest and smartest people I've ever met."

Sybil smiled. "You think?"

"I don't 'think.' I know! We can do this, Sybil," Dani said.

Sybil's smile widened into a toothy grin, and she reached out, any this time it was her pulling Dani into a hug.

The sweet moment didn't last long though. Why? Because just a millisecond of a millisecond later they heard slow clapping.

"Wow, Dani! Fantastic pep talk! But I'm afraid it's my job to break it to you in fact can't do this!"

Everyone turned around to unfortunately face Piper McLean, the ultimate jerk faced villain. On either side of her stood stone cold faced Percy and Frank, Jason behind her pressing soft kisses against her neck. She was smug smirk on her face.

"Piper," Marcel growled.

"That's me!" Piper did happily, doing a mock curtsey. "And you're Marcel, right? Yeah, I hate to break it to you, but most definitely do not want a bunch of people not under my spell running around camp and trying to save everyone!"

"Even if you charm us again, we'll escape, just like we did before," Darrell said, crossing his arms.

"Oh, hello dear half brother! And you mean Drew? Don't look so shocked, I know she wasn't charmed. I'm aware of how our powers work," Piper said smugly.

"You're so smart, baby," Jason murmured.

"Well I have some news for you, McLean," Clarisse said, unsheathing her sword and stepping in front of everyone.

"Oh really?" Piper said, clearly amused. "And what's that?"

"You're not touching any of us and your evil cliche villain reign? Yeah, that'll be over in no time. If there's anyone that can do it, it's those runts behind me and I'm not letting you get to them," Clarisse said.

"And what makes you think I can't just charm you to turn on them? I could finish you all with just my words," Piper said, crossing her arms.

"Because thanks to Drew Tanaka, I know that you can only use your powers to a certain extent before you're completely drained and your powers are useless. And you have been using your powers a lot more then Tanaka. You've definitely burnt out by now," Clarisse said, switching places with Piper as the smug one.

Piper's smirk transformed into one of stone cold anger. "Hmm. You're smarter then you look, Clarisse," Piper said, pulling her dagger off her belt, "But maybe you forgot I'm pretty handy with a dagger as well. I killed a giant or two and helped defeat Gaea if you don't remember. I also took a potion that gave myself a potion strengthening my weapon skills."

"Of course you did," Clarisse grumbled.

Suddenly, humanity took over Drew. She ran up to Clarisse. "Clarisse, I cant let you do this. You don't have to sacrifice yourself to win! We can find another way."

"We both know there isn't another way, Tanaka. And remember the prophecy? Daughter of war will persist? I'll persist, Drew, I'll keep trying. I won't give in," She said, then after, "Plus, have you met me? I'm a war machine!"

"But-"

"Drew, this is my part of the prophecy. I have to fulfill it. There's no other way," Clarisse said.

"But I can't just leave you! I... I..." Drew's voice broke.

"Hey, if there's anyone that can lead these dweebs to victory, it's you. Now go! And I'm not asking you, by the way. That's a direct order," Clarisse said.

Drew took a shaky breath, but she nodded, "Good luck, Clarisse."