8. Hiding in a Broom Closet

It was now around midnight and Drew and Clarisse had been hiding in a broom closet for five and a half hours. They occasionally snuck out to go to the bathroom or run and find some snacks, but that was the only personal space they ever got.

It was honestly pretty hard to tell who was having a worse time; Clarisse or Drew. Probably a tie, but they were both having a horrible time. "Ugh, get off of me, freak!" Drew constantly said.

"It's not my fault, punk! Move over!" Clarisse constantly retorted. It kept going back and forth like that. Except for when Piper was in the building and they had to be absolutely silent.

Piper didn't do much while she was in here. At one point, she was just sitting down and laughing maniacally like a total weirdo. While she was doing that, Clarisse whispered to Drew, "Seriously, I think that bitch is on drugs." Drew almost blew their cover by almost laughing.

Another time, they caught a shirtless Jason and giggling Piper having a full on make out session. All while Frank and Percy were in the room watching too because they were too reluctant to leave their precious Mistress behind. They were her 'sworn bodyguards' and didn't want to leave her side. Though that was probably a good call since Clarisse was two seconds away from running out and punching Piper every two minutes.

Finally, it was midnight, and from the light snores echoing from the room next door, Clarisse and Drew thought it was safe to assume everyone was asleep. They crept out of the closet, taking each step slowly and carefully.

"Okay, if I was Piper, where I would I keep a kidnapped Oracle?" Drew whispered out loud. She blinked. "Wow. I never thought that sentence would come out of my mouth."

Clarisse snorted.

"Umm, the Oracle used to be kept up in the attic, right? Before Rachel became it? Well, I don't see where else it could be, so let's check up there," Clarisse whispered.

"You're so demanding," Drew rolled her eyes, still whispering.

"Says the girl who literally has the power to force people to do stuff for her," Clarisse grinned, also still whispering. Drew pursed her lips, but didn't say anything.

"Fine. Attic it is," Drew grumbled. Clarisse smiled in triumph, quietly leading the way up to the attic.

Lucky Clarisse was there or else Drew worried she wouldn't be able to find the attic. Clarisse has gotten a quest before, entrusted with the hero work. Drew never was. She had her chance before with Jason and Leo, but Piper stole it. Just another example or Piper taking everything from Drew.

But even before Piper Drew was never given a quest. She was always seen as the villain, the bad guy. And maybe at the time, she was. But that was part of the reason she was doing this all - to prove them dead wrong. Drew was the good guy, and she would show them all.

"You look confused," Clarisse whispered, looking back at Drew.

Drew shrugged. "Yeah, I've just never been here before."

"Yeah," Clarisse said sadly, "A lot of people don't get quests for a long time, sometimes ever. I didn't get one till I was 14."

"Yeah, but it's not like I even deserved one," Drew said, looking away from Clarisse.

"Don't talk like that," Clarisse snapped, "Every demigod deserves a chance. No matter how much of, um, jerks they are."

"Thanks," Drew smiled warmly. Though she only said that so the conversation could be over. She knew she didn't deserve a thing.

"Oh, look, there's the attic," Clarisse said, stopping at the top of the stairs and pointing at a door.