Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Dallas

KENNEDY

Although the next ten days dragged on I was in a better mood than I'd been in since I left New York. I could barely contain my excitement when I stepped off the plane at Dallas Fort Worth international airport. I only had a small carry-on bag so I ordered an Uber as soon as the plane shut off.

Nash had upgraded the ticket I had booked to first class. I wasn't at all surprised when the stewardess showed me to my new seat. Nash did wonderful, caring, things like that for me all the time and I loved it. It made me feel like he was involved in my life and making sure I was taken care of, even though we were on opposite sides of the country.

"Have a good evening," the stewardess nodded her head to me with a smile that seemed genuine as I made my way off the plane giddy like a little kid.

"Thank you," I responded and quickened my pace. I wanted to see Nash as soon as possible. For a second I considered going to the arena where he was playing, but I had no ticket and I'd draw a lot of attention to myself trying to talk my way in, or even just waiting for Nash. I'd be better off at the hotel. It'd been a long week and I was looking forward to taking my heels off as soon as possible.

The Dallas heat hit me as soon as I stepped outside the terminal. Luckily the Uber driver arrived promptly in an older Honda model. I jumped in the backseat together with my carry-on and caught up on the game on my way to the hotel. The Empires were up by two goals and there were only ten minutes left. I figured that'd give me at least an hour before Nash would get to the hotel.

Nash had already checked in and my name was on the reservation. All I had to do was show my ID and I was given a key with directions to the elevator that would take me to the top floor.

I was surprised when I saw the room Nash had booked, but I also knew I shouldn't have been. He had upgraded my plane ticket after all, and he could be very romantic when he wanted to be. He hadn't just booked a room, but a large suite. I inhaled deeply as soon as I pushed open the door and my senses were flooded with soft light, a flowery scent, and a peaceful stillness. I removed my shoes just inside the door and couldn't help but moan out loud when my swollen feet pressed against the cool tile floor.

Large picture windows in the living area overlooked the darkened city. Only the twinkling lights from other buildings and the streets below were visible in the night. After taking in the powerful view for a few moments I spun around and noticed a large bouquet of red roses on the dining room table and another one on the kitchen counter. The scent from the flowers got stronger the closer I got to the table.

"Damn, this man," I mumbled to myself. He had really stepped up his game.

I walked further into the suite, noting a half bath next to the kitchen and a door ajar with a huge bedroom behind it. Nash's suitcase was already in the large walk-in closet. He had hung up a white button-up shirt and a dark pair of slacks on one of the hangers and left the remaining clothes in the suitcase.

There was a note on the bed. I had a huge smile on my face as I put my small suitcase in the closet next to Nash's and walked over to the bed and reached for the note. It said; "I can wait to be with you. Make yourself comfortable. I will be there as soon as I can. Nash." There was a PS at the bottom, "there is champagne in the fridge." And another one that said; "I love you."

Awwwww. My heart.

I happily made my way over to the kitchen and pulled the fridge open. Nash had truly thought of everything. There was a case of water. A bottle of champagne, regular wine, creamer for coffee, and fresh cut-up fruit. It even had dinners that could be heated up in the microwave. A couple of prepared salad bowls and a bottle of unsweetened ice tea.