Chapter 4

[GIDEON'S POV]
THE NEXT DAY

As I was driving to Max's house, I noticed it was really quiet in my car. The radio wasn't on. I turned up the radio, and "21 Guns" by Green Day, came on. I sang along to Billie, because well, he's Billie, and just as I drove up to the driveway of the frat house, the song ended.

I got out, and made my way to the door, and knocked. It took about 5 minutes for Max to open the door, and when he did, I noticed his bloodshot eyes. A hangover.

"Hey- shit" he cursed, rubbing his temples. Yup. "Hey to you to" I laughed and patted his back. I made my way to the living room and bounced my foot impatiently.

"Hey man, thanks for checking up on me, but I turned 20 yesterday, I think I know how to take care of myself" I felt extremely bad. I hadn't come to check up on him, I wanted Adelaide's number. God, I'm such an awful friend.

"But I'm still your friend." I faked smiles.

We sat there, and Max told me about his Wilde night, after I left. But I couldn't help, but be distracted. I was so close, but so far away to hearing her voice again.

"Max, can I use your restroom? I need to.... take a dump" I cringe at the fact, that I'd just said that. But I needed a distracted. "Yeah, sure. But use the one on my room. The other ones clogged up" perfect.

I took the stairs, two steps at a time, and then almost ran down the hall. I couldn't help, but feel giddy. I was so close. I slammed open the door. I just couldn't help myself.

I noticed his dresser was on the other side of the room, I stopped and thought my next move. I could either make my way through the room, if you could even call it that. Dirty shirts, jeans, pizza boxes, bottles of beer, where among the things scattered around on the flier. The other thing I could do was jump across Max's bed, to the other side of the room. 'Why not?' I told myself as I attempted to do the same stunt Chaning Tatum did on on 21 Jump street.

I failed miserably.

I made it to the other side and almost immediately found his agenda, and after her name.

"Hurry up, Gideon! I need to pee, man!" I heard Max's voice, way too close for my comfort.