Chapter 2

Josh was making himself a bowl of cereal when he felt someone tug his shirt. He looked down and saw Emma. She raised both of her hands and wiggled her fingers, indicating him that she wanted to be carried. So, Josh carried her and put her in the counter.

"Uncle Josh" she singsonged. "Last night you didn't finish telling me the story" she said mater of fact.

"I did, didn't i? Ok where did I leave of"

"Well, Gideon saw the 'and there he saw her' I remember" she said.

"Ah, ok." She reminded him so much of her mother.

[Gideon's POV]
And there I saw her. The most beautiful girl i had seen, and i's seen a lot. She had long brown hair, and big green eyes. 'Which would be really good when when take pictures. Since my eyes are brow- Oh God, why am I thinking about taking pictures with her, and how our eyes would look?' I thought to myself, as i tried to look in another direction that didn't have the green eyed beauty.

I started walking around the house, until i came across some other friends. There, i stayed and drank a beer, and just laughed at my friends drunken state. I mean, yeah they were crazy, but those were the only friends that I had, so I made do. I decided to go get another beer when I heard a gasp.

There, in front of me stood the the green eyed beauty. With a slight imperfection: my beer all over her shirt.
"I'm so sorry. Uh-i wasn't looking." I said embarrassed. "Come, I know where my friend keeps the towels"

I grabbed her hand, and let me tell you in the least creepy way possible, they were soft. Like, really soft.

As we got closer to the restroom, I said "I'm actually sorry, I was just going to get another beer, and well I guess the first one affected me more than I thought. You see I'm not much of a drinker, and why am I telling you this." I said with my hand on my forehead. "Hi I'm Gideon"

She giggled, "hi, I'm Adelaide." Wow. I was star struck.

We got into the restroom and I leaned against the sink, as she cleaned her shirt. Now that I looked at it better, I felt even more embarrassed, because it looked expensive. 'She probably wore that to impress her boyfriend. What if she doesn't have a boyfriend? I might have a chance. Should I-' my thoughts were interrupted by her voice.
"So, how come you don't drink. I mean, you are in college, right?"

"Yeah, I just, I don't know. It's not really my scene, I guess. The coffee place, the museums, that's mine." I said blushing.

'Why am I blushing? Guys aren't suppose to blush? What is she doing to me?'

"Yeah, that's me also. My friends made me come out tonight, because they said 'you need to live a little'" she said the last part rolling her eyes.

"Well parties aren't a life experience, come with me, and I'll happily show you how to live" I said dareling.

"I-uh, you could be a serial killer." She said shocked. I guess she didn't think I'd have that burst of confidence?

"Like Agustus Waters once said, 'there's always that possibility' but I promise, I won't kill you. But if I do, then you can say I told you so" he smirked.

"You do realize I'd be dead and won't be able to tell you 'I told you so', right?" She said extending her hand at Gideon.
"Exactly" he winked and led her through the crowd of people, and out to his car.

[Stacy's POV]
"So, what's cooking little brother?" I said as I entered the kitchen.

"Nothing mommy. Uncle Josh is just telling me a story" emma said after giving me a kiss.

"Oh, what story?" Stacy said trying to see what lie my brother told me.

"the three little pigs" said Josh matter of fact. "Hey, Emma do you want to go to the playground? He said.

"Yeah!" Emma did the thing with her hands that indicated she wanted to be carried.

"But Josh. What about your cereal? It looks untouch" I said baffled.

"Put it in the fridge for please? I want to finish telling her the story." He said probably thinking I didn't know what the real story was.

Oh this kid.

[Gideons' POV]
We were going down 8th street, when She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 came one. We simultaneously started to sing. I gotta say, we harmonized swell. As the song was finishing we got to the first stop in our journey tonight. A firework store.

"Uh, Gideon? Why are we at party city?" She said suspicious.

"It's a surprise" I said, and she glared at me, so I giggled.

'What the fuck? Why am I giggling?'
As i went in, i saw all different kinds of party decorations, and towards the far side of the store, i found the thing I was looking for. Roman candles. I payed for them, and I went back to the car, to where Adelaide was waiting.

I then started driving and I kept smiling. I want to make this night special, so I drove to a park that I knew was close by. As I drove, we sat in silence. In a comfortable silence, I kept smiling and she sang along to the radio quietly.

"We're here" I said feeling giddy. "Nah uh, I got this" I said as I went to her side and opened up the door for her. Once she got out, she said "thank you" and dramatically did a curtsey. Oh my, I think I'm falling for her.

We walked around the park, her hand in mine, and she admired the moon as I admire our reflection in the pond. We finally found an open space in the park.
"Here hold this" I told her giving her a Roman candle.

"What is this?" She said baffled.

"What? Ok I know why your friends said you need to live a little" and once I finished saying that she smacked my bicep.

I lit her candle, and her face filled with amazement. I lit mine, and once I looked up she was twirling around moving her hands in directions that made the candle sparkle even more. I did the same, and we laughed.
We laughed until the we had tears prickling at the corners of our eyes.

I felt something roll down my cheek, but I ignored it, thinking it was the tears. But then I felt more fall, simultaneously. And when I opened my eyes, I saw it was raining. I grabbed Adelaide's wrist, and ran towards the Gazebo in our right.

When I finally catch my breath, I notice she had water droplets in her hair. Wow, she looking amazing. I grabbed both of her hands and we swayed around the Gazebo, as I hummed an Ed Sheeran song.

[Josh's POV]

"What happened next Uncle Josh?"

"Well, they danced. And after the rain died down, he drove to the party again. So, that she could go home with her friends." Said Josh sadly, but quickly hid it with a smile.
"But-but did he give her his number?" She sad sadly.

"Well, you'll find that out tonight. I gotta get you home so I can go to work." He said as he carried her back to his car.