Chapter 6: Strawberry Swing

*I decided to share with you guys one of the songs that I listened to while writing this chapter. Its called 'Crystallized' by Young the Giant. I added the video, its an awesome song by an awesome band. Enjoy the chapter :). *

   I don't think I've ever been so anxious in my life. She said she'd be ready at 11:00; so I was waiting for her outside her hotel at 10:50.

    Autumn was staying at the Place D'Armes Hotel in Jackson Square at the very heart of the French Quarter. It was one of the higher class hotels, made up of restored townhouses that exuded 18th and 19th century charm. I stood in the lush courtyard that the balcony on her hotel room overlooked and waited, constantly fidgeting with my t shirt. It was my first date in a little over 3 years and my excitement was indescribable.

    I had chosen to dress casually, especially given the nearly 85° New Orleans heat today. Black jeans, a fitted charcoal v-neck t shirt and boots were comfortable enough for me. The short sleeves and the shirt's low cut made the tattoo that I had visible: a tribal print that looked like black tendrils of fire curling around my right arm, over the right side of my chest down to my ribs and reaching as far up as my collarbone. I hoped that Autumn wouldn't be offended by it.

   The black Omega watch on my left wrist felt foreign; I had never worn it before today. The more I stared at the Omega's face and watched the hands move, the more my stomach clenched. I couldn't wait to see her but I was also afraid to. My inexperience created wave upon wave of trepidation within me. Would she liked what I had planned? What if she didn't see me the way I saw her? But most importantly, how did I see her? What did she mean to me and what did I hope to gain from this?

Before I could begin to answer all the questions that were floating about in my head, Autumn emerged from her room. She flashed a smile at me before making her way down the stairs. I watched her stroll toward me once she reached the courtyard and the sight of her completely stunned me into silence. I was speechless. Her dress that stopped above her knees was all burgundy lace with half sleeves. Her bright red hair fell in waves against her shoulders, curling under her bust and when framed against the red lace, their color seemed to be intensified. The scandals she wore were the same color of her dress with straps that wrapped around her calves in a crisscross pattern. Gold bracelets glinted on her wrist and a gold chain encircled the pale skin of her neck. She was stunning and even after she stopped in front of me, I couldn't tear my gaze away from her.

The words fell from my lips before I could stop myself. "You're beautiful." She blushed, shaking her head.

"What, you mean this outfit? Its alright. Nothing overly special about it." She wouldn't look at me, the blush still evident on her face.

I could tell she was flustered and I hadn't meant for that to happen but she no reason doubt or embarrassed about her own beauty.

"You don't believe me?" I asked.

"Truthfully.. No I don't believe you. I don't see it."

She still wouldn't look me in the eye. I moved closer to her and curled a finger under chin, coaxing her face up to mine.